Skip to content

Question about the 'Search for Valygar' Quest....(Spoilers!)

I was recruited by the Cowled Wizards to find Valygar, so I went to his house in the docks....and was attacked like like 7 guys. They're a group of Cowled Wizards and Amnian Centurions. I don't see any mention of an attack like that in any walkthrough I've encountered, so I'm not sure if my game is seriously bugged or something?

Anyway, when I enter Valygar's house, I am immediately told that I have to die for my crimes and I get my ass handed to me by the very faction I was hired by.

I also happen to know from walkthroughs that Valygar is in the Umar Hills....should I just ignore his house and head there?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmm. Sounds like it could be a few things. First of all the soldiers and cowleds are supposed to be spawned when you are stealing and someone calls the guards... I am not sure why this would happen in Valygar's house though. Do you have any mods installed? Are you playing evil or do you have a really low reputation?

Valygar is actually at the Umar Hills. The whole point of searching his house is that you can find evidence which leads you to the Umar Hills. This evidence will add the Umar Hills area to your map if it isn't already on your map. If the area is already on your map then you can skip Valygar's house and go there directly.
    Hmm. It looks like Hervo (Valygar's servant) calls the guards if you are rude to him. Perhaps you were rude to him previously and he called the guards while you left. In that case you should probably just skip the house.

But if you were not rude to him then it may be a mod's fault and you may want to tell the mod's creator that they have a bug in their mod so they can fix it.
  • sethosayhersethosayher Member Posts: 7
    I actually spoke to the butler earlier, before I ever started the Valygar quest. I pretended to be Valygar's friend and the butler called me out on it, so maybe that's what triggered this.

I am not playing evil but I don't know how to check my reputation....where do I look that up?
    If the butler called you out then that must be what happened and why the guards keep spawning.

Your reputation can be found on your character record. image
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689

I actually spoke to the butler earlier, before I ever started the Valygar quest. I pretended to be Valygar's friend and the butler called me out on it, so maybe that's what triggered this.

I am not playing evil but I don't know how to check my reputation....where do I look that up?

You find it in your character screen, right under Lore.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @Tresset‌ powergamey much?:P
    @meagloth‌ Maybe...