Skip to content

Dorn, Rasaad and Hexxat's quests in Throne of Bhaal

rockwandrockwand Member Posts: 39
Hello, I just had a blast with BG2 EE and now I've just started Throne of Bhaal. I beated Irenicus with Dorn and Neera in my party and I was wondering about their quests in Throne of Bhaal. I've heard Throne of Bhaal is pretty linear (I have never played it) and I don't know where their quests are supposed to trigger. The same is true for Hexxat and Rasaad (which I can summon). So, in a nutshell... Do you need to have the companions with you the whole time for their quest to trigger? Or are their quests linked to certain maps? If so...which map is linked to each of the EE companion's quest?

My idea is to have Sarevok with me 80% of the time but I don't want to miss Dorn, Hexxat or Rasaad's quests (Neera is my main mage so she is always there) Thanks to anyone kind enough to respond!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello, @rockwand‌ !

You need new NPCs in the party to make their quests in ToB.

And their quests bring some improvements into linear, as you say, ToB line. So, if you want to see the new content in its fullest, have Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and Hexxat in the party all-time. You still have a place for Sarevok, just be careful: an evil Sarevok will fight with Rasaad - you should redeem Sarevok in order to keep him in the same party with Rasaad.
  • rockwandrockwand Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2014
    So they need to be in the party all the time? I guess that's good because that means you get to see more content from them in any map but at the same time, there goes my idea of cycling the companions to see all their quests in one playthrough. I think I'll have Dorn and Neera with me this time and then Hexxat and Rasaad in the next ToB round.

Thanks Bengoshi, that clarifies things a lot ;)

PS: Ha, Maybe my first post implied that I beated SoA only with Neera and Dorn but no (Imoen, Jaheira,and Minsc were also there) so I don't have any room left in the party!!...unless I get rid of Good Old Minsc or I don't take Sarevok with me but...I take it he is quite important for the plot, right?
    Post edited by rockwand on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    You should definitely try Sarevok. Not only he's connected to the plot but also his own personal traits and abilities are of great interest.
  • rockwandrockwand Member Posts: 39
    Well, that makes the choice easier then. Thanks again, Bengoshi ;)