Skip to content

Beregost smith and ankhegs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited June 2014 in Not An Issue
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Can that be fixed? Yes, by adding new dialog options to Taerom's .dlg that will trigger based on how many shells you have.

Will it be fixed? *shrug* I doubt it, which means unless someone gets around to doing it you won't see it happen. This sort of dialog fix is not beyond my capabilities but it isn't a high enough priority for me to look into it, for which I apologize. I always wind up selling the shells one at a time, as well, except for the one I bargain with him to convert into armor.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Can that be fixed? Yes, by adding new dialog options to Taerom's .dlg that will trigger based on how many shells you have.

Actually, it would be easier to fix it by making him take just ONE ankheg shell.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Sergio said:

Whenever I go into the beregost's smithy and he asks me for Ankheg shells, no matter how many I've got he will always give me 500, even if I've got 6 shells. Is there a chance to fix it?
    I've got to drop the others shells, then get them one by one to be able to sell them for 500 gp. :\

I cannot reproduce this issue.
    CrevsDaak said:

Actually, it would be easier to fix it by making him take just ONE ankheg shell.

In BG:EE v1.2 Taerom is already using TakePartyItem("MISC12") and Ankheg shells are not stackable, so he only takes one at the time (also tested in-game).
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Sergio said:

I'm using a mod that makes me able to stack the ankheg shells ;)

Yep, that's the reason then. From IESDP:
    116 TakePartyItem(S:Item*)
    This action takes a single instance of the specified item from the party (unless the item exists in a stack, in which case the entire stack is taken).
    @Erg‌ I thought it could be using TakePartyItemAll, and I did not look at the DLG file :P
    Sergio said:

Now that I think about it, I'm using a mod that makes me able to stack the ankheg shells ;)

So please don't post threads in the bugs section :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    This is fixed... Did you get the latest patch for your game yet? If so, then it is probably the mod.
    @Tresset‌ it's a feature from SCS, wolves don't always attack with that component. The sometimes do and sometimes don't. They behave like real wolves would, they run away if damaged, etc.
    Also, please move this to Not an Issue.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @CrevsDaak‌ Oh I didn't know about the wolves. I was actually referring to Taerom buying shells. He buys them one by one in the current version.
    @Tresset‌ nah, no change there, not by the game at least. The thing is that with SCS's stackable IDK what objects, ankheg shells (and winter wolf pelts) stack, and, as Erg pointed out, takepartyitem can also be taking a whole stack, and by thus introducing this "bug".