Skip to content

Can I change thief animation to standard bg2 version.

Hoodless Imoen is more charming.

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Um... I think there was a thread about this.... I can't say for certain but I believe it's very hard; far more complicated and time consuming than it's worth. Someone who can say for certain will comment soon, no doubt.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I know that people have requested for naked thieves to be hooded on BG2EE, but I honestly think that Imoen, and perhaps Aran Linvail , look more in character in their unhooded versions.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    You could use EEKeeper to change Imoen's avatar. (Obviously you need her in your party to do this.)
    And change her animation to cleric, then?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    In theory, it should actually be pretty easy, but it would require access to the original BG2. I can take a look a bit later when I have access to my network.

Theoretically, you would only need to extract and copy over the BAM files for the animations and paperdolls.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Okay, so copying the files from the original game is not enough. I don't have the time to delve deeper, though. It could be hardcoded, I have no idea currently.
    Oh boy... thanks anyway !
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i prefer her with her hood.... she looked weird without it- killing sarevok AND a wardrobe change.. just didn't work for me in 2k1
    edited June 2014
    I understand your preference @simples , but I do think that hoodless animation looks a lot like Imoen's portrait.
    Edit: Besides, why was wearing a hood while being tortured by Irenicus?
    true
    i didn;t recognise her when i played bg2 for the first time though
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    simples said:

i didn;t recognise her when i played bg2 for the first time though

....that thing in front of her dialog that said "imoen" wasn't a hint? :P
    Well, just for the record : Using EE Keeper I changed all Imoen .cre files to female cleric animations, because I like my gals hoodless.