Skip to content

dialog.tlk Where?

GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
edited June 2014 in General Modding
I've been trying to use DLTCEP to add some custom sound sets into my game, but when I open it it says that the dialog.tlk file is missing from my EE folder. When I try and set my chitin folder location and click "Save and Back" I get an error saying that the dialog.tlk file is missing. I've searched my files up and down and back to front and cannot for the life of me find this dialog.tlk file for Baldur's Gate. The only one that comes up is for Never Winter Nights 2 which I also have installed on my machine. I did find a Dialog.bif file but it was not in the same folder as the chitin file.

Following some instructions I was able to make a new sound set, named FEMALE7 and in character creation it works perfectly, when I start the game however the character is completely silent. Help?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited June 2014
    The dialog.tlk file is in the lang folder and then inside the folder for the language you use (probably en_US).

NI can find it much easier by the way...
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    I see, so I assume if I remove it from that folder and put it in the folder with the chitin file bad things will happen?
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Well, I tried it anyway, I was able to move the dialog.tlk and followed these instructions by @Luigirules http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8868/here-s-how-to-add-custom-sound-sets/p4

After doing all that I still have the same problem, the voiceset, called FEMALE7 shows up in character creation, all sounds play normally there, but when I get into the game the character is completely silent.