Skip to content

Kirinhale Energy Drain WUT??

QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
edited June 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Current Behavior: Character "Dash" got hit with Kirinhale's Energy Drain at low HP total. His portrait turned grey, and his Hit Points displayed as "-3", and yet, he is still alive and kicking.
Expected Behavior: If indeed he be below his Hit Point threshold upon being drained of his Constitution bonus, and he was reduced to -3 Hit Points, he should probably actually be dead.

Additional information: I don't know what would have happened if I healed him or some such, he got killed by my Dominated Barbarian who hits like a truck. :( Also, Dash is CHARNAME.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Ugh. Yeah this can happen as a result of constitution loss (that is one of the things Kirinhale's 'energy drain' does since TotSC was made before there was a proper level drain mechanic). It used to happen most of the time with Polymorph Other due to the con loss the transformation used to cause. I am sure @SethDavis‌ would know all about this one.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Tresset Fascinating. Yes, I figured it must have to do with Constitution loss.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Do you practically have unlimited hit points now, or do you die if somebody hits you?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @meagloth‌ You die if you change screens.
    Dunno why the picture disappeared in the OP. Reposting.
    Quartz said:

Dunno why the picture disappeared in the OP. Reposting.

It didn't.
    @meagloth Interesting, I don't see it. :o
    Um, ok... It's gone now.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think the same thing happened to me a little while ago when I uploaded a .rar. It would disappear (or I couldn't see it anways), but after refreshing the page a couple times it would come back.

So far the .png in the OP is still showing up for me.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I just edited the innate Cure Light Wounds to set the current health statistic to -1 and "cured" Kivan. He is happily walking around with -1 hit points and a grayed-out portrait, my cleric's attempts to cast a regular Cure Light Wounds and his own attempts to drink a potion of healing both resulted in nothing. He has walked into and out of the Elfsong, including gong upstairs, without dying. The party is even able to change areas without him dying.

I had played around once with a "negative regeneration" spell, which caused health loss as well as making the target immune to the "current HP" opcode (to prevent healing) and got a similar result--the target could "regenerate" to 0 HP yet not die. I think it is because the loss of health is not applied as *damage* but only people with more knowledge of the game engine could say with any certainty.

Attacking him for damage definitely kills him, as my protagonist's sling just proved.