Skip to content

What is your CUTEST, early morning awakening? Describe (unless it is "personal")...

Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
Well, two days ago, i was very tired, and overslept. I usually awaken at 05:47 am, and rush to my workplace. Of course, first thing in the morning, before i leave my house, is to pet my two sibling cats, pat them on their heads, hear them purr, watch them make that priceless grimace with closing their eyes at me, and then i am good to go. My cats are wild, but funny thing is, i fed them and petted them so systematically, that they became even more domesticated, compared to your average, household, pet-shop-purchased, kitty. But their intelligence is simply something else!

I was still snoozing at 6:40, when one of them came outside of my door, and started meowing pretty loudly. I did not wake up. Poor thing kept meowing for quite some time, until i was startled in my sleep, and woke up at an instant. God knows how the good beast understood that, since it was not only outside of my room, but also of my house, and then just gave out a happy, short, soft, "meoow"!

This was the cutest early morning awakening that ever happened to me. And i boast the cutest "alarm clock" that anyone can ever hope to own... Heh heh! Your turns, now!

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Mmm. Just wait till they wake you up at 5 in the morning on every weekend begging for food. I'd like to see you call that cute.
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    Cat licked my face ( i had something on it) and swatted me with her paw for some odd reason. This was last monday.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490

but my dog was still beside me keeping guard. A cat would have left me.

Correction.: a cat would have started to eat you. hence why cats rule ;-)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    When I was twelve I was staying at my uncle's.

I woke up because his giant brown labrador (giant by labrador standards) pounced on the bed and started licking my face.
    I'd closed the doors but it knew how to open them.

It was disgusting and sweet.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh @lolien‌ your kid is adorable!

25 charisma 25 charisma!

(I'm a total softy when it comes to kids)

Thanks!

I once went walking in the hills with my dog and some home brew... I got so drunk I passed out.
    I woke many hours later to total darkness, covered in piss and vomit... but my dog was still beside me keeping guard. A cat would have left me.

Drugar said:

When I was twelve I was staying at my uncle's.

I woke up because his giant brown labrador (giant by labrador standards) pounced on the bed and started licking my face.
    I'd closed the doors but it knew how to open them.

It was disgusting and sweet.

Some "more for male" stories to balance things out.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Let me think.... My dog waking me up by licking my face and then acting crazy happy as I get up. As I expected, he wanted me to take him for a walk. Oh, that selfish bastard. I loved him anyway.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Cat next to head. Purring.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Will it ruin the spirit of the thread if I explain the first job I do in a morning is change a nappy...

I have been greeted by horrors unimaginable to mortal kin...

But then again... My daughter is the cutest.

I actually like it when she leaves a tiny palm print of snot on the side of my face when I pick her up for the first cuddle of the day... It's like a little present to say, I'm sticking with you Dad...

I'm not selling it... I will have to send a piccie.