Skip to content

haha ridiculous grinding screen shot

2»

Comments

• Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68

is there a command to put them all in thundersmith?

No, but I suppose it could be possible to pick up an ankheg shell, edit the player's script so that it will simultaneously increment a variable and destroy the shell, then edit a script linked to a container in the smithy so that opening the container will decrement the variable and create a shell. The hypothesis is sound but I'll have to see how it holds up under experimentation.

a bit too complicated for me lol. I just started a bank in the farmer's house
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Well, what do you know? It works.

I set up a test script on a character so that if they have a plain dagger in their inventory, dagg01.itm, it will increment a global variable then remove the dagger from inventory. After that, I set up another script on a container on the second floor of the FAI so that if the container "sees" any PC and the variable value is greater than 0 then it will create one instance of that item for itself and decrement the variable by 1, until the value goes to 0. End result: if I give the character 5 daggers outside the FAI then run the script the daggers will be waiting for him in that container on the second floor.

Instant, easy, item management. Of course, a separate script would have to be created for every item you wanted to check but if the situation is limited--cleaning up dozens of ankheg shells--then it is very convenient.
    This could also be used for cleaning up generic item drops. For example, if you pick up a generic long sword then have a short script block which takes the sword from you and gives you 1 gp (you were probably going to sell it, anyway, presuming you picked it up at all). With only a handful of short blocks there will be no more leather armors or helmets cluttering up the Sword Coast. Of course, this can be made more concise with an good or() block, checking for any of the generic weapons, armors, helmets, or shields.
    But RP'ng my trips to the store and across the world is so much fun! hahahahaha
    Situations like that are great ways for DMs to give the party lots of potential wealth without dumping huge piles of coins and gemstones on them. Imagine your party defeating the duergar clan and taking control of their mine, finding one metric ton of unrefined ore. Great--the ore has a market value of 200,000 gold but a) you can't carry it anywhere, b) it isn't much use until it is refined, and c) unethical merchant companies might hire mercenaries to come in and take it from you. hrm...anyone know how to run a forge and smelt ore? (actually, in real life I have a little knowledge of this from helping a friend of mine who was a sculpture major back in college)

Given that random encounters are essentially infinite, if we were able to convert every armor/weapon/shield/helmet drop into 1 gp then the economy of the entire Sword Coast could be disrupted...presuming the game were that complex.

Anyway....it was an interesting thought that turned out to be possible.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Possibly. I would need to clean up the naming then zip the two scripts, one for the character and one for the container but it would require a little action on the person who wants to use it so they can apply the script to the container of their choice. I chose a drawer on 2nd floor of FAI because that is where my test character is at this time.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I would just count them, do the math and console the gold to myself ;)
    i cant do console on android though
    awww man im like soooo sad at the moment lmao. I dualed imoen at level 7 right? so i make it to level 8 mage. imoen is beast now right? yeah no, i forgot where i stashed all her thief gear! i got her bow and arrows....but cant find her bracers or her armor. or her ring. wow so bummed lmao!
    Sergio said:

any chance you could release the script with the instructions on how to use it?

Here is the script I applied to the character:

IF
    HasItem("dagg01",Myself) // Dagger
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    IncrementGlobal("StashDagger","AR2302",1)
    DestroyItem("dagg01") // Dagger
    END

and here is the .bcs I applied to the container on the 2nd floor of the FAI:

IF
    See([PC])
    GlobalGT("StashDagger","AR2302",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CreateItem("dagg01",1,0,0)
    IncrementGlobal("StashDagger","AR2302",-1)
    END

Very simple scripts for now but idea can be expanded easily enough. If you are going to convert the random drops into gold then no global variable would be necessary.

I can see that there is a new action called DestroyGroundPiles() but I haven't tried it yet.

@Arutha_Crydee‌ since you are using Andriod and I know nothing about working on BGEE problems in that system I don't have any answers for you. I suspect that we might be able to find the lost items by examining the save game file but I wouldn't know how to do that.

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,153

awww man im like soooo sad at the moment lmao. I dualed imoen at level 7 right? so i make it to level 8 mage. imoen is beast now right? yeah no, i forgot where i stashed all her thief gear! i got her bow and arrows....but cant find her bracers or her armor. or her ring. wow so bummed lmao!

She can't really use her armor anymore anyway; no casting in armor.

Her best use now anyway is as a mage with a short bow.
    i would have liked to have the worn whispers boots for coran
    and the dale protector bracers for her archery
    Oh man! Forgot where the stash was?! :O
    CaloNord said:

Oh man! Forgot where the stash was?! :O

Hahaha yep! No more dale protector or worn whispers. Dammit!!

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well heck, @Arutha_Crydee‌, there aren't an infinite number of locations and containers. Seek and ye shall find.
    Damn! That ain't cool! Can't have gotten far they don't have legs! :P Time to go wandering the Sword Coast barging into every house that has a chest or barrel in it. The peasant's are usually fairly accepting of this...
    LOL! i dont know if i even care at this point lmao
    Failing that, cheat for them. ;) They were yours at one point! It's justified! ;)
    haha if only i could use console on android!
    Aww damn! Well! Better gear awaits, in BG2 before long ;)
    Besides, give Arutha a rapier and he'd solo the games with his brooding face on!
    hahahaha yessir. Im really hoping bg2 will come out for android soon. i just finished the thieves guild quests and the kill the wizards save the nymph quests. trying to delay the main quest a little bit. all my members are maxed out on xp. never thought that would happen lol
    I don't have an XP limit so I assume I could cut a bloody swathe for a VERY long time and not get anywhere. ;) However I have SCS installed so the challenge is upped considerably! :)