Skip to content

Thalantyr....i hate you man

So i thought it would be cool to kill one of the golems that Thalantyr couldnt see for some nice xp. well uh that didnt go over so well. Now he always tries to kill me when i enter high hedge. So i went and picked up Melicamp in hopes that it would trigger him to talk to me. No such luck. Any ideas?

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Algernon Cloak?
  • Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68
    what is the algernon cloak and where can i get it? sounds new to me. I have sold so many magic items to Thal and recently discovered that i should have held on to a few of them
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited June 2014
    Now he is really angry with you. Maybe a charm spell helps, but not sure. I suggest you to search for another goods-selling Archmage.

Edit: double ninjaed
    Damn! I just tried dire charm on him and he saved vs it. You think if I keep reloading I'll eventually get him?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Try casting doom first.
    edited June 2014
    If you go to the Friendly Arm Inn Feldepost Inn there's Algernon. Pickpocket him (save first!!!) and you'll get the Cloak.

Basically is a better version of the Nymph Cloak. +2 CHA and daily charm. :)

NON-EDIT: I've not edited this post because of @Elminster, obviously, but for uhm... a typo, yes! A typo.
    Post edited by Metalloman on
    so i charmed him. but he just keeps saying the same line over and over. not one ive heard out of him before either. and never an option to respond to him
    this is what he says while charmed
    at this point i might just kill him for the xp lmao
    I went and got the cloak, threw it on my charname and went for it. charm worked perfect but he still says the same thing lol. dammit i sold him my cloak of whispers amongst other things lmao
    or just wait for @CrevsDaak‌ :D
    yeah ill wait for him. for now im trying to get my gold up. learned that i can sell a wand and then buy it back for full charges! now if there was only a way to increase my carry weight so i could lug all these ankeg shells
    this is my main save file right here
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Here I changed their thieving skills & made thalantyr neutral again :)
    oh sweet! thanks dude!
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Remember to always kill the golems first! He won't hold it against you, and its easy enough to RP justify "blundering" into them by accident.
    edited June 2014
    did you put any extra points or just move what was there around?

did you use a special program to do it?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

did you put any extra points or just move what was there around?

Yes, I added lots of points for Coran and Imoen, I wanted to make it quickly :)

did you use a special program to do it?

Yes, I used NearInfinity, which is an editor for the Infinity Engine (Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment) in general, it uses Java to run/written in Java, but it's definitely not user-friendly :/

You can use EEKeeper, which is a saved-games, character and creature file editor for BG(2):EE, it's completely user-friendly, very easy to use, and most of what you would like and know how to edit is there :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CHARM TALKING WORKS??!!!!!!!
    I though the ee's didn't do that!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    meagloth said:

If you are asking if you can charm someone in BGEE and then talk to them then the answer is yes. Works just like the original BG1.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    elminster said:

meagloth said:

If you are asking if you can charm someone in BGEE and then talk to them then the answer is yes. Works just like the original BG1.
    Yes It does.i thought the bg2 engine broke that.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

So i went and picked up Melicamp in hopes that it would trigger him to talk to me. No such luck.

Thalantyr: "MELICAMP!, I, I, HAHA! I never loved you."
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Am I missing something with the whole charm thing? I just brutally slaughter everything that crosses my path...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    meagloth said:

elminster said:

meagloth said:

Yes It does.i thought the bg2 engine broke that.
    It did but they fixed it so in BGEE it should work fine. Though in the case of BG2EE it won't have any unique charm dialogue as far as I know you can still talk to charmed NPC's (I've never checked).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.