Skip to content

TOB banters - where are they..? :(

So I've been in TOB for 91 game days and so far all I've had is a couple of love-talks from Anomen to my PC and one between him and Aerie. And those were a very long time ago. I've got Sarevok in the party with a view to redeeming him to Chaotic Good but there hasn't been a peep from him - for 3 adventure-filled months! Anyone else have very sporadic / non-existent party talk or should I just wait and see..?

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Reaching godhood can be depressing, and hack&slash is a silent job. Seriously, ToB has not too many banters, however i hadn't play it for some time now.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    They got left on the cutting room floor. ToB's dev team was rushed by the publisher to crank it out and it shows.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    KoTOR 2 had the same damn issue. Publishers can be such a pain. But no, they are few and far between. I've never heard of any no banter bugs before...
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    The problem with ToB banters is that everyone basically has one banter with everyone else. That's it. So, yeah, not a very talkative crowd. Also with dear Sarevok, a lot of people only banter with him if he's chaotic evil, not chaotic good. (If he has Imoen's soul, they have a few 'good' aligned banters, though because of the low amount of banters in ToB, you'll likely see them all before he's turned.)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    ToB is rather short and banters don't seem to happen fast enough. Then there are wasted opportunities when a banter is initiated by someone but they can't find a partner to banter with. Try pressing ctrl-i to force banters to happen at your pace.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited June 2014
    Best EE dialog line:
    Hexxat in response to CHARNAME while talking about the Bhaalspawn, during ToB romance: "They disintegrate. But I do see your point."
    Her cynical personalty always makes me smile.
    I've never played through with Hexxat, is she worth it? I'm not a powergamer so her combat skills don't really bother me, I mean more from a banter and personality point of view? :)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well, I'd say every NPC (old and new) is worth playing through at least once, just to experience them for yourself. Having done so with Hexxat, however, I reckon she's by far the worst of the new NPCs both in concept and in utility, so I'm not sure about taking her again even for an Evil run - Jan can do everything you need from a Thief and brings so much more to the party in addition to his Thief skills.

It'll always be advantageous to do Hexxat's initial quest, in order to gain her immensely-useful Bag of Holding, but after that she's not very useful. She's involved in a couple of good banters but is mostly fairly quiet, and she doesn't display a great deal of personality.
    edited June 2014
    Mmm that's what I'd heard. One play through might be sufficient then. I just love Jan so much and I can't bare to part with him! Not even for one pass! :P
    I must say Rasaad, Neira and Dorn are of pretty decent quality. I wouldn't mind them doing a handful more when they get the time. :) They'll get better as they get more experience at it!
    Cheers for that mate! :D
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    CaloNord said:

I must say Rasaad, Neira and Dorn are of pretty decent quality.

Agreed, I expect to use all of them again (as permanent companions) in some future runs. Of the new NPCs, it's only Hexxat who doesn't seem (IMO) to be worthwhile as a permanent companion.
    She's the only one I hadn't tested yet. To be honest I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. I like my Jan to much and I really dislike being overstocked with thieves.
    But we got a little side tracked from OP! Hahaha :D
  • bernardchubernardchu Member Posts: 44
    Playing ToB, I ONLY have 1 banter with Sarevok. That's it!

And now I'm at the eve of fighting Balthazar, still nothing from Sarevok???

As I recall there are 4 banters with Sarevok in ToB. I understand that ToB banters are space out in between, but come on... I nearly finish the game but only 1 banter!?? It is unlikely for the rest 3 banters to initiate on after another in a space of a next few days.

It must be some kind of bug!