Skip to content

Mods I'd like to see updated to bgee

GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
edited August 2012 in General Modding
Hello. There are a few mods that I absolutely love that I just can't imagine playing without. I think some of those modders are here. Now, that might mean by itself that these individuals are already planning to ensure that their wonderful mods will play nice with bgee but I find myself uncomfortable with the uncertainty. So I figured: why not must ask?

I would like to formerly request that the following mods get a bgee update when the game comes out:

Rogue re balance
Spell revisions
Item revisions
Atweaks
BG 2 Tweaks
Sword Coast Stratagems
Kit Revisions (not out yet but I'm really looking forward to it)
Refinements
I believe that there were some 'extras' in BG2 Fixpack
Tobex "extras"

Thank you!

Edit: dyslexia out, tobex in
Post edited by Grammarsalad on

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    I would like to see BG1 NPC Project being updated, this mod is very important for gaming experience.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @AndreaColombo "BG1 Unfinished Business"

The fixes from BG1UB are not included in BGEE ?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Kerozevok - I'm afraid implementing UB would violate the contract clause not to alter the original game content. There is no official word on the matter, though. I was merely playing it safe.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    A caveat first: modders are going to need a new release of WeiDU before we can get mods working on BGGEE. With that said,

BG 2 Tweeks

working on it.

All the relevant fixes from BG2 Fixpack have been submitted. What extras are you referring to?
    Maybe @Wisp can drop a "working on it" line about aTWEAKS and RR to indulge our yearning spirits ;-)
    You get a Like which may or may not be related to my ruleslawyerdom and the fact that aTWEAKS and RR are among my favorite mods.
    edited August 2012
    @AndreaColombo Something is unclear about the contract clause, because they can add NPC & maps, therefore altered 2DA, BG.Gam, Worldmap.. from the orignal content.

That said, I think several components from UB are optional (UB quests, storekeepers, Sarevok's diary...).

Anyway, thanks for the answer.
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
    @Kerozevok - the contract allows devs to add new content as an expansion (think TotSC II), but not to alter existing content (think adding banters between BG1 NPCs in BG1 areas).
    @AndreaColombo Ok, ok.. Tks for the clarifications.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    @AndreaColombo - do you know what the contract says about altering/adding to an existing content as a Post-Ship Optional DLC??
    @mch202 - honestly, I have no idea. I'm afraid it says the original content cannot be altered at all, but that's just a gut feeling. Maybe @TrentOster could clarify?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    As long as its official material that they are selling, I doubt it matters if its optional post-ship DLC.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I always wanted to play the vampire NPC mod (Valen I think), but never did. Would be an interesting change, no?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    CamDawg said:

A caveat first: modders are going to need a new release of WeiDU before we can get mods working on BGGEE. With that said,

BG 2 Tweeks

working on it.
    Awesome!
    CamDawg said:

All the relevant fixes from BG2 Fixpack have been submitted. What extras are you referring to?
    I thought there were some 'optional but cool' features that likely wouldn't be included in bgee. I'm not 100% though. I'll have to check.
    Wisp said:

I'm actually not. I am waiting until we get closer to release. But they will be made compatible with BG(2)EE.

understandable. Thanks!
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    BG isn't BG anymore without Finch, Mur'neth and Indira.
    @dazzu mch202 and @andreacolombo I can add those to the op if you think that will help get an answer. But I'll need to do it when I get home as editing with my phone is...difficult
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

CamDawg said:

I thought there were some 'optional but cool' features that likely wouldn't be included in bgee. I'm not 100% though. I'll have to check.
    Oh, right, I hadn't even thought of the OBC stuff. @Wisp and @aVENGER had already made great progress towards v10 and I've jumped in at the last minute to try and steal all the credit, so I'll add this to the to-do list.

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    The Revisions series will be updated, but keep in mind that we tend to be... really slow sometimes.
    @CamDawg - yeah, the optional but cool components of the Fixpack were... well, cool :-) I'm all for implementation in BG:EE--well, either that, or them being made compatible with BG:EE.
    Oh, and I'll drop @DavidW's name to get a word about SCS.
    @ardanis not a problem.it's worth the wait! @camdawg awesome! Thanks!

Also, I really need to include tobex "extras"like demi dual class and no restrictions...
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Divine Remix! I want my spell-spheres (and my painbearer) for my second play-through! :(
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182

Also, I really need to include tobex "extras"like demi dual class and no restrictions...

My human cleric/mage approves.

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    @cmorgan
    No Mur'neth? I mean, considering what he is, a not even humanoid entity, it might be worth reprogramming him into his actual race, but the concept was really cool.
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    edited August 2012
    @Dazzu, sure thing - I should have been clearer -

Gibberlings3 is generally a "make it work" site. Think Project Runway, only no Heidi Klum, and we all take turns being Tim Gunn. Plus, a 24hour challenge is usually spread out over several years. So, many of the mods hosted at G3 are highly likely to be made compatible with BG:EE and BG2:EE, eventually, assuming that we are able to make it work. The real unknown is timeframe. So, if it works on Tutu or BGT and is hosted at G3, there is a good chance that someone will be trying to make it work, if it can be done. We just have to bribe @Andyr to get active again if we want it to happen sooner rather than later in the specifics of Mur'neth.

I just listed my personal priorities for workload - BG1NPC, Finch (hosted at PocketPlaneGroup), and Indira, in that order if possible. That's just because those are my personal "must have available"s, and I am sure Berelinde will be working on Gavin.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    My mod wishlist: SCS (Improved AI is a must), UB, BG1NPC

I don't mind playing beta versions, where I might have to console something or edit script/item/spell or two.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    BG1npc: Fantastic already, needs correction and a Viconia booty shaking part.
    BG1UB: Have not tried it, but I know it's good. Just needs correction.
    Sirine's Call: Very good content mod, but the areas it adds in the buildings are ripped from IWD and look crap. Updated with high quality rips is necessary.
    @Erephine's 22.05 - 44.01khz mod, already perfect and needs to happen at all costs after realizing what a difference.

Plus some kind of mod to remove/edit 1PP, or better yet, some kind of easy to use tool to select bits of different avatars (so you can choose exactly what you want).