Skip to content

[not an issue - mods] Game crash when putting point on scimitar/wakizashi/ninjato - Fix in Thread

NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi, something must be wrong with my Jaheira. Whenever i try to add a proficiency point in scimitar for Jaheira (from 1point to 2), my game crashes. Nothing wrong if i put this point in an other weapon, the problem is only with scimitar/wakizashi. No mod installed, i bypassed this with EEkeeper. It never happened in my previous games.
Attached save game with Jaheira ready to level up.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Issue 6920 was raised for a crash when adding scimitar to a generated character but couldn't be reproduced. I'll have a look at your save this evening (another hour or two).
    @Noon‌ it works for me. Anything else you can advise, e.g. non-English language, version of game etc.
    Thanks
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Thanks for looking this up. Game is in english, up-to-date via Beamdog. It occurred the 2 times she had a point to allocate (i ignored it the first time). No mod installed the first time, Rogue Rebalancing mod since. I don't think i edited anything with eekeeper or Nearinfinity.
    OK, have a look at this thread. My comments will have been lost but there might be something there that is similar for you. I note Nominoe has a special character in their name and Ninjato has another one.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29034/scimitar-weapon-profs-freeze-game
    Tresset
    edited July 2014
    I did some tests, and there is indeed something weird with the special "o" of ninjato in the proficiency list, the "o" is hidden (scimitar/wakizashi/ninjat) in every BG2EE game (new game and black pits2). The ninjato items don't have any problem as they use a standard "o" in their description.
    BG1EE is safe and the special "o" of ninjato appears correctly in the proficiency list and doesn't make any problem.
    I may try to reinstall BG2EE later.
    p.s: i edited the title to be more accurate.
    Post edited by Noon on
    OK, is your Windows language English or another dialect.
    (note for follow-up, might be related to issue 515 in BG:EE)
    i am using Windows 7-64 bits, in french.
    @Dee‌ do you think this is related to 515 and do you know if that fix was BG:EE specific?
    Thanks
  • GraypGrayp Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys, I did some investigation around this issue, and you can find my fix for it on the thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29034/scimitar-weapon-profs-freeze-game