Skip to content

Is it a good idea...

To play through the game with a party of your own creation? Or are the npcs, and especially the new ones with the extra content, too nice for you to overlook? Spoil me, because i have just started, and i am a spoiled, good kid!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It is just fine to play the game with 6 player created characters and ignore the NPCs. A lot of people like to do that. I did it once too actually.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,153
    I would definitely not recommend this for your first play through. You would miss too much of essential BG. Once you've played through once or twice, go for it!
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Yea it's well worth it with the NPC's. They have personality (If you're running the NPC banter pack) they have even more. Sometimes they don't get along, sometimes they do. They can add a lot of flavour. :)
    While your own custom made NPC will probably perform better and you can have exactly the party you want I find they lack... flavour. They just... stand there. They don't comment, they don't talk, they don't care if they are CG and you go around murdering beggers...
    Still! It is entirely personal preference! ;)
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2014
    Ok, will try a npc run for first try, then! Now that i remember, 1 had quite the powerful npc classes. Like fighter/cleric dwarf, fighter/thief expert in bows, our badmouth Jaheira which is fighter/druid, etc. And i want to try Neera, now that i remember all about it!
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Neera and Dorn are well worth the playthrough! Rasaad is good to but he won't come into his own until BG2! Still worth the new content and quests! ;)
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    How do you create your own party for the game?
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Well, if you play with 6 generated characters you would miss XP, quests and items (more in BGII than in BG) so I would not recommend it.
    Yeah, there's the console, but you'll get not the same feeling as when you play to gain! :)
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Oh. Thanks