Skip to content

Narlen Nowhere to Be Found

NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
edited July 2014 in Not An Issue
Well, I accepted Narlen's Heist quest and was trying to find my way to the meetup point at the Splurging Sturgeon Inn when I encountered Marek and Lothander, who (I later discovered) poisoned my rations, giving me only ten days left to live. I hurriedly finished this quest and neutralized the toxin. But what about Narlen? I totally forgot about him! So I went to the meetup point, careful to send in only my thief (Imoen). He wasn't there. I then waited until Hour 23, near dusk, to give him another chance at showing his face. Still nothing. I waited then until Hour 0 of the following day, due midnight, only to find Narlen missing his appointment with my thief.

I walked over to the Thieves' Guild to confront Narlen, hoping to see if there was a problem with our arrangements. Lo and behold, he wasn't there and no one informed me of his whereabouts. So, what happened? Is there a timer or expiration date on this quest? I know some quests have that, such as the other quest you can receive from Alatos (which had not yet expired), but no such indication was given anywhere in the forums or on any other site that this quest was similarly time-sensitive.

Alternatively, is this a bug with the game? I followed all the appropriate directions given in the walkthroughs and forums in order to ensure my completion of Narlen's Heist, but unfortunately Narlen is not cooperating. Even worse, I cannot progress much further in the game because I already have Alatos' thieving quest ticking away in my journal and if I miss or complete that, Narlen's Heist will no longer be available (less so than it is now). What can I do about this? Is there something I did wrong? Or is this a problem with the game itself?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Though I'm unsure as to whether this is important, I am playing the Steam version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, through Steam.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    I think he should be outside the Splurging Sturgeon and re-appear each evening with no end-time to the quest. Same for Alatos' quest. The rest of your party can wait inside the inn.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Gate70 said:

I think he should be outside the Splurging Sturgeon and re-appear each evening with no end-time to the quest. Same for Alatos' quest. The rest of your party can wait inside the inn.

That's what I thought, too, but Narlen simply isn't there. At what time should I find him there? Because I've tried nearly every hour of the night, only to find a vacant street where I presume him to be.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Good news! I returned at Hour 1 on another night, only to find Narlen fashionably late to his appointment! I'm unreporting this as a bug and request this thread be moved to "Not an Issue" for future reference.

Advice to those of you not finding Narlen where he should be: Give him some time. He may be late to the party.