Skip to content

Not sure whether or not the Aerie TOB romance is working

contowncontown Member Posts: 84
Just finished SoA (and it was amazing) and transferred into TOB. Did the whole Aerie romance in SoA. Right when ToB started, in the pocket plane out of nowhere she had two talks in a row. It was kind of lame that way so I reloaded the TOB autosave to basically restart TOB. But now she's just not talking. (Apparently I should've just quit while I was ahead) I'm just out of the plane and in the city now. In the save file her romance value is 2, and her timer is even higher than it ever was in SoA. And it doesn't seem to be going down.

Are the talks just in a random order? I got one with Imoen the second time I started TOB, for example. I'm using the Ascension mod if that changes anything.

EDIT: I did change her and my whole party's AI script, which I've never actually done until now. Not sure if that means anything.
Post edited by contown on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    In ToB most romance dialogs are triggered by resting after events that happen in game. IIRC she won't talk any more until you go to the Forest of Mir. Once you do something there she should start up again for a bit. Then I believe it stops until you kill Yaga Shura. After that I think it is just timers.
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    So the fact that she had those two talks in a row was just a bug or something?
    No, those two are triggered by getting to your pocket plane I believe. Regardless, they are supposed to happen like that.
    edited July 2014
    Huh. I started a new save by loading the very end of my SoA playthrough and got to my pocket plane again, but that didn't happen... What can I do to get that to happen again?
    Rest, I think. It has been a while since I last did the Aerie romance...
    edited July 2014
    Tresset said:

Rest, I think. It has been a while since I last did the Aerie romance...

Resting didn't do it, unfortunately. She did get mazed during the last fight in SoA though. Is that like dying? Why did I reload...

Maybe it was a bug, or something like it, and I have to get farther through to make the talks start? Or if I get to the part where the talks should resume they'll start.