Skip to content

Help!!! Solaufein won't let me do quest in underdark.

I am doing the quest where I rescue the headmothers daughter phaere from illithaid. I go to talk to Solaufein outside the eastern tunnel and all he says is "My mind is occupied with thoughts of the future, and I have no time for idle chatter."

What am I doing wrong and how do I complete the quest??
Plz help

Comments

• Brucepp12Brucepp12 Member Posts: 45
    Is it a glitch? I'm on iOS
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Maybe you forgot to do something before? Look on Baldur's Gate Wiki and look the chapter up. There might be something you have to do before talking to Solaufein.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    Hmm could you upload your save file so I can take a look at it? Also let me know if you use any mods. If you are not on iPad I will see if I can find a console command for you.
  • johnlittlejohnlittle Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem, its when you leave the screen before Solaufien summons the mind flayers (you're supposed to wait 20 seconds or so, but I unwittingly entered the mind flayer dungeon indie). The fact that this bug exists in a finished game is realllllyyy annoying. I tried to fix it by bringing up the debug console and entering: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SolNoTalk1","GLOBAL",0) This reset Solaufein's dialogue and allowed me to continue the quest however upon my next savegame somehow all my side quests and maps were reset (excluding exp and items) basically ruining my save file
  • johnlittlejohnlittle Member Posts: 2
    btw if anyone has any advice/solutions to the savefile problem it would be much appreciated!
  • brunofalleirosbrunofalleiros Member Posts: 4
    It's a bug... I'm in the same trouble and not being able to fix is...