Skip to content

Slowdown in Baldur's Gate sewers with Minsc

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
Not sure if this is even a bug, but when fighting a group of carrion crawlers while backtracking through the level (E Sewers), the game slows to a crawl for no apparent reason whatsoever, and it seems to be tied to Minsc, not my other NPCs (though I suppose it could have to do with his weapon as well). Any thoughts or experiences??

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2014
    Mmpf... Carrion Crawlers like to do that. I think it is a pathing issue with large creatures like Carrion Crawlers, Wyverns, and such, though carrion crawlers seem to be the biggest offenders in BG1:EE. Dragons are even worse in BG2:EE and when they try to walk around they really lag the game. Not sure if anything can be done about it, but I will see if I can write up a report once I get some of my saves back.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Really?? That is sort of disappointing to hear that it might be so hardcoded that nothing can be done to fix it, I haven't ran across any other such lag issues at all in either game, so I was a little taken aback by it.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Actually it isn't hardcoded, the scripts are too bad (and basic), so they don't use several checks they could use to avoid these sort of things.

@Tresset‌ dragons usually lag the game because of their mega-large animation, their Wings Buffet *and* trying to go to unreachable places (for their animation size number of 10) while chasing the PCs affected by Wings Buffet.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited July 2014
    It's definitely the Carrion Crawlers themselves who are causing it after some further testing on a saved game I had near there. I'm assuming from what I'm hearing that this is just a little glitch we are probably going to have to live with unfortunately :(