Skip to content

Default Bhaalspawn powers on import?

So.... I adore BG2, but I find BG1 a little tedious and repetitive. Mostly because I've played it a lot more.

To save time on making new BG2 PCs to import, I'm thinking of doing the following:
-Create Character
-Rush Intro
-Rush Pantaloons
-Rush Tomes
-Export

I've even considered just skipping those steps and just enabling console to add those to my inventory.

However, this leaves me wondering: How will Bhaalspawn powers be affected by this? As those powers are based on reputation at various points in the main story questline.

I know newly created BG2 characters have a default.... but what about Imported characters? What defines their powers if they haven't gained them normally?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    In bg1 the ability you get depends on reputation. In bg2 you get a set based on alignment.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Actually, in BG2 you get the powers you already had in BG1 when you exported, but if you are missing some (or all) then BG2 will give you random ones to fill in the cracks.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Yeah, 2 gives random ones, BUT, they are affected by alignment, in general lines. A good character will get really few (if none) evil ones (larloch, horror, vampire touch), while evil ones, the exact opposite. Neutrals have the best chance of getting one of each (and get them all). And that is what i mostly go after.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Tresset said:

Actually, in BG2 you get the powers you already had in BG1 when you exported, but if you are missing some (or all) then BG2 will give you random ones to fill in the cracks.

You seem to know your stuff, and im not sure i remember correctly but i seem to recall missing one dream in bg1 (draw upon holy might last dream) and my export only had 5 powers