Skip to content

help plz...cannot enter BG

I have flooded the mine and everything but yet upon entering Baldur's gate the bridge is still up. I'm thinking I forgot to loot something from davaeorn's corpse? Anyways, heres my .sav. Help appreciated.

Comments

• TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    edited July 2014
    @‌fish0331 Did you grab the letters from Daveron's chest? I remember that being the trigger to lower the drawbridge.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited July 2014
    If I recall correctly, immediately when Davaeorn is killed the game is interrupted with a narration screen signalling the start of chapter 5. I think entering chapter 5 is the if:then condition by which to enter the city.
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I've already killed davaeorn and have attempted to enter BG. Drawbridge is still up. I have 3 letters relating to davaeorn not sure if there is more...I tried adding in/looking for a missing quest scroll in ee keeper but didn't find one that triggered quest completion.

and I've flooded the mine
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    You need to flood the mine to enter BG but if you did that already...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited July 2014
    Are you playing the beta or version 1.2? Are you running any mods?
    That's odd. The game thinks you are in chapter 4... That would be the problem. To advance the chapter enter the following in your console:
    C:SetGlobal("chapter","global",5)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,444
    As @Lemernis already mentioned, the only condition for lowering the drawbridge is reaching Chapter 5, regardless of any stuff you've taken from Davaeorn.

There is a chance that the script has been interrupted for some reason. Try resetting the associated variable by entering the following command into the console:
    C:SetGlobal("Drawbridge","GLOBAL",0)
    If that doesn't help, you are either not (yet) in Chapter 5 or a mod has changed the associated script.
    the above console commands didn't work
    edited July 2014
    not playing beta and only mod im using is rogue rebalancing also my character is a sorc
    It should work. I loaded your save game and used my console command and the bridge was instantly lowered. Here is a save with the bridge lowered.
    that worked tresset. ty very much