Skip to content

Can't get NWN Diamond to run on my new computer. Raaagh! Help!

2»

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @FinneousPJ I must admit that I have no idea what that means... I most likely haven't changed any setting from whatever is default in that area.
    Crap... It still hangs. I must say, though, that it seems to happen FAR less often.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Tresset If you're on Windows you can do this:
    1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc when the game is running
    2. Right click on the NWN process.
    3. Select set affinity (if you don't have this option, select Go to details then right click and Set affinity)
    4. Uncheck All processors and recheck a single processor
    5. You now have disabled multithreading

@Tresset If you're on Windows you can do this:
    1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc when the game is running
    2. Right click on the NWN process.
    3. Select set affinity (if you don't have this option, select Go to details then right click and Set affinity)
    4. Uncheck All processors and recheck a single processor
    5. You now have disabled multithreading

@FinneousPJ I did that and it looks like it is already running on only one processor... Do you think it would help to put more processors into it? (I honestly don't know what I am doing here...)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Tresset No, it needs to run on one.
    edited January 2017
    @FinneousPJ Ok, cool.

I installed that AI mod you mentioned and I think it will take some getting used to. The enemies do seem quite a bit more intelligent, even from what little I have seen of it thus far. My ranger's pet spider, however, seems much dumber than usual. I met two minogons and it decided to attempt to run from them until it got cornered at which point it sat there and died... In the mean time my ranger had been stunned by their howl...
    I started playing NWN again recently and, for some unknown reason, the hanging has stopped completely! I have no idea what happened to fix this issue since when I stopped playing last it was still hanging... Well, I am not going to look this particular gift horse in the mouth no matter how mysterious its origins may be... This was a serious headache and I am glad it is gone... Even though I have no idea why it is gone...