Skip to content

Slaver stockade bug?

I've finished the slaver stockade quest, returned to Hendak at Copper Coronet with the key etc, but all the dialogue options are the same as if I hadn't finished yet ("is there more you can tell me about the slaver stockade?") and it's still in my list of active quests. Is this a known bug?

Comments

• DQuintDQuint Member Posts: 10
    Sorry folks - just noticed this is in BG:EE, not BG2:EE. My bad.
  • gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    My first thought is to make sure that you released all the children. I believe they are in three separate cages in the slaver compound.
    Three cages?! Ah, I released two. Thanks!
    Well, that was the problem. But now I found another one. I can't get into the stockade with the third kid (the one with the trolls in it too). I coaxed one troll out and killed it, but now the door is open, but I can't go through. When I press the 'magnifying glass' I can see Troll Uninjured just inside the door, but can't see him to attack. I launched a cloud kill spell just to be sure, and killed the girl! (Reputation decreased 5). Reloaded, restarted, and no luck. Is this a known bug?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    DQuint said:

Well, that was the problem. But now I found another one. I can't get into the stockade with the third kid (the one with the trolls in it too). I coaxed one troll out and killed it, but now the door is open, but I can't go through. When I press the 'magnifying glass' I can see Troll Uninjured just inside the door, but can't see him to attack. I launched a cloud kill spell just to be sure, and killed the girl! (Reputation decreased 5). Reloaded, restarted, and no luck. Is this a known bug?

Yes and no. It's not a bug, it's the freaking Troll glitching the stupid door, it happens since always. Use CRTL+J to teleport your party members inside the room (you'll need to enable the console to do this).
    Thanks - I'm on an iPad though, so probably screwed?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    DQuint said:

Thanks - I'm on an iPad though, so probably screwed?

No, use iFunbox to browse for your saved game in Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save, the save is composed by the whole 000000### - Saved Game Name Example folder, zip/rar that folder and upload it with the attach a file option under the comment box. I'll fix it for ya' :)
  • grisbosskgrisbossk Member Posts: 21
    Oh well. I can't seem to enable the cheat console and without ctrl+j that damned troll body blocked the frigging door. Total loss quest.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    A few well placed holy Smites instead of fireballs and cloud kills should keep the kid safe and knock the troll.

Once you get teleport field that should work as well.

Or if you still have a save prior to opening the door the first time, go back to that and instead of rushing into the room, take a few steps back and let both trolls come out to you.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Is the only solution to use the console?

Just thinking all the items/spells that might work.

Ring of the Ram to push the troll back into the room?
    Area effect fire spells and judge the distance so the child doesn't get caught as well, they are well back.

I dunno, just interested to know if there was a solution.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You could try to aim fireball without hitting the child.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Try casting a summon into the room and see if the Troll moves inwards to attack it.