Skip to content

Snares damage - not sure if this is a bug

SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
edited July 2014 in Not An Issue
My char sometimes takes damage when trying to set snares. This only happens when i (or npc) already had a snare set, and then i (or npc) try to set another one very close by. First time, it's 3 damage, second time it's 7 damage.

This situation only comes up when I place one as a "guard" in order to sleep outdoors. I have limit of one per day. When waking, if wandering monsters interrupted, and i need sleep again to heal, i'll try to set another snare near my first one; it fails, and i take damage.

I'm thinking it's a bug bec
* I played original bg1 and 2 on pc, this is my first go with bgee on android. I don't recall this happening on the originals.
* actually, i recall being able to set up tons of snares right next to each other.

but maybe it's a new rule in bgee? (Or I have bad memory?)
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    How many skill points do you have in set snares? If you have too few points the set snares skill you will sometimes fail to set a trap and take damage from it going off in your face.

vBG1 never had a set snares skill. In vBG2 traps would also go off in your face if you had too few points in set snares.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, getting damage is an occasional outcome, especially with a low snare score. As your ability improves, you'll see the failures skew more towards failure instead of failure+damage.
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    i have 50. i seem to take damage fairly frequently.

you might be right, maybe it was bg2 only that had snares. But while i recall quite a lot of failures, i don't recall taking damage, but maybe i'm just forgetting.

in any case, apparently this is not a bug