Skip to content

His Name Is Max

CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
edited July 2014 in Off-Topic

Comments

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Yep - he does look slightly miffed. Tom hasn't got those crazy blue eyes, but the trailer looks damn good.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Let's see... post-apocalyptic with a wasteland desert that is populated by raiders, slavers, slaves and spiked vehicles as far as the eye can see. Yep, doesn't appears to be anything new.

Could be still worth to watch if it doesn't feature those dreaded Hollywood clichè romances though.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    I wonder if there'll be a Mel Gibson cameo in the film.
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    I liked the old ones, this one seems not too bad.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Oh boy. :D I'm not sure if excited or horrified.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Mel was listed as the "Drifter" a cameo role at the beginning of production. But his name is no longer listed at IMDB.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    On the plus side, it appears to have a decent balance between CGI and the life-and-limb endangerment of stuntmen. I rewatched Mad Max 2 a couple of days ago and some of the driving stunts are ridiculous, and real.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Did they just wreck the Pursuit Special in the trailer? Like it was nothing? They don't know Mad Max fans at all! That's like the worst possible spoiler... Suddenly I've lost all interest.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Wasn't the last of the V8s wrecked in Mad Max 2 @TheGraveDigger‌ ?

Is this the son of Max?

Or is his name Steve and he is just maximum mad...

Yeah... Maximum Mad Steve has a certain ring to it...
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Mad Steve? Pretty sure he hangs out in Gotham tho.
    edited July 2014
    @Anduin‌
    It was... But I've read this is either a prequel or a reboot. So there's really no need to destroy his iconic car at all. That's like destroying the Millennium Falcon or DeLorean Time Machine during a crappy trailer. It's just wrong.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @scriver‌ , I honestly was not aware of a mad steve living in Gotham. Max mad steve lives in Australia...

@TheGraveDigger‌ I totally agree. A prequel for mad max would be Max jusr being a policeman though... He went mad when his family was murdered...

A reboot? A reboot would be good if it actually started with everyone avoiding the nuclear maelstrom. Something that happened between Mad Max 1 and 2...
    From what I remember reading, the prequel would have been set between the 1st and 2nd movies, during the craziest time. It would have shed light on many things... but the trailer just killed that idea.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @Anduin - Just a Atop the 4th Wall reference. Linkara doesn't like Frank Miller's characterisation of Batman, and insists he instead is a crazy murderhobo called "Steve" that through some unexplored means got ahold of a Batman costume and is running around terrorising Gotham.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Could be very promising; I won't even worry about the continuity questions for now. I could see it being after Thunderdome, though, because cars may be rebuilt.

Quick question: without looking it up on the Internet, what is Max's last name?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yes, you are correct.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its a movie with a post-apocalypse setting that I like. That's a major bonus with me, be it a reboot, remake, don't matter. I wish there were more nuclear post-apocalypse movies and stories out there.

Which is why I am writing my own.

I I wish there were more nuclear post-apocalypse movies and stories out there.

I keep looking for Nuka Break Season 3 but it hasn't happened yet. *sigh* Can we get Wayside Creations to work with Bethesda on a full Fallout movie? Give it a $75 million budget and I suspect it will make all the money back easily. Other video game franchises have had successful movies so why not Fallout?