Skip to content

Cannot install! Error 502 on Nexus 7?

Every time I try to install the game it gets to the very end of "installing additional files" for BG2 then it crashes with a message about being unable to install due to Error 502. I tried multiple times and eventually got a successful install, which then crashes every time I try to open it. Anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    502 is a Bad Gateway. Usually indicating either problem on the users' end (your device, router, switch, firewall, etc.), the internet service provider, or at the server end (i.e. Google).

Are you installing via the device or are you installing it to the device via the Google Play site on a computer? Try rebooting the device first, then launch the game. If that doesn't fix it (and it probably won't), then you can try the following.

If you are trying to install via the device, then clear the cache on things like the Google Play Store application and then try again. If the game downloaded eventually and installed, then clear its cache (or clear the data—which includes any saved games, etc., but if you've never actually been able to launch the game then you probably have nothing to lose in that regard) and try launching the game again.

If you are using a router, then try restarting it. Otherwise, if all else fails, wait a couple days and try again. If it happens to be an issue between you and Google (i.e. your ISP), then there's nothing you can do but wait.
  • mightyboognishmightyboognish Member Posts: 20
    Cool. I cleared the cache, retried, and restarted the device before launching. Success! Thank you for your help.