Skip to content

Custom Voice Set

I would like to know how I can record my own custom voice set for my CN Dragon Disciple.
I'm doing a Let's Play of the BG:EE Series, and I think it would be slightly more interesting if my CN Dragon Disciple had his own voice set.
Help?
jackjackRavenslight

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Thanks
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    That post needs a promote!
    JuliusBorisov
    @jackjack I agree, but I don't know how to do that
    jackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

@jackjack I agree, but I don't know how to do that

Only moderators, (such as @bengoshi‌ hehe), can promote a post.
    meaglothJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    And here I'm coming!
    jackjackZaramMaldovarPrince_of_Lies
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    Why thank you! :)

Perhaps this should be put on @Cuv's customization thread, to make it more accessible?
    JuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Here's a link to an audacity download so I feel helpful. Good for putting recordings into .wavs.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
    @meagloth I already have Audacity, but thank you
    @Prince_of_Lies Do you know how to get other sounds? I'm pretty sure there are more things that need to be adressed like spell failure, and theiving skills
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2014
    Those'd be in the "Selected", "Action Acknowledged", and "Rare selected" sets. I'll take a deeper look once I get home from work.

EDIT: Woops- I had them in BG format, which had less sounds. Edited original post for the extras.
    Post edited by Prince_of_Lies on
    JuliusBorisov
    @prince_of_lies Thank you
    JuliusBorisov
  • IlivdorlIlivdorl Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020
    First - I realize this is from 6 years ago, but perhaps someone experienced with this can tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if this is just a game bug.

I created a voice pack for my character, and after a bunch of tinkering, I got it to work. I have the files named as custom1x.wav, from a-w, z, 0-9.

What I'm noticing is, at least some of the post-w sounds aren't working (critical hit, miss, stealth), as well as Rare Selections 2-4.

Does BG1:EE have a different format than BG2:EE for this? I assume that z for critical hit, 1 for critical miss, etc all work here, too.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone could give on how I could get my voice pack to work.

Thanks!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    right now the custom sound sets are a bit wonky, i have my custom jon irenicus voice set and in IWD it works perfectly fine, but in BG 1 and i think BG 2 for some reason the "select character" voice lines aren't working, although everything else is working fine

if you have a program like Near Infinity or something that can check .2da and .ids files you will notice that the letters are in;

CSOUND.2DA

and what they match to is found in;

SNDSLOT.IDS
    Ilivdorl
  • IlivdorlIlivdorl Member Posts: 2
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    right now the custom sound sets are a bit wonky, i have my custom jon irenicus voice set and in IWD it works perfectly fine, but in BG 1 and i think BG 2 for some reason the "select character" voice lines aren't working, although everything else is working fine

if you have a program like Near Infinity or something that can check .2da and .ids files you will notice that the letters are in;

CSOUND.2DA

and what they match to is found in;

SNDSLOT.IDS

Thank you! :smile:
    sarevok57