Skip to content

Neera romance and a wild mage CHARNAME

After months i've finally got some free time on my hands this summer and im eager to finally play a complete run through the BGEE saga.
I' ve decided on a scholarly LN Wild Mage as my PC, and im thinking of romancing Neera.

Does a wild mage charname have any special interjections with Neera during her romance or will he be treated as ' just a regular romance interest'?

Thanks for your answers in advance...

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    sparks will fly...
    Nokkenbuer
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    No special dialogue interjections whatsoever, I'm afraid. The same goes for Blackguards x Dorn, Dark Moon Monks x Rasaad, Druids x Wilson, or Necromancers x Hexxat... just to name a few other interesting sounding combinations. A damn shame too.
    dementedFlashburn
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Though I think there is an extra banter or something if you are a sun soul monk with Rasaad in BG2:EE. I think he thanks you for not turning on him like the rest of the sun soul order or something...
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Shame indeed... ah well, I'll manage. And if things don't work out I can always go Dorn..
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    I'm not positive, but Neera might make a slight comment about your character type in BG2. I was a berserker when I romanced her, and she said something about how she never thought she'd be interested in the warrior type. Maybe that dialogue changes slightly with whatever class you are.

Also, in a "pre-romance" dialogue in BG1, Rasaad once commented on my mage's high intelligence. Maybe that's another instance.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2014
    Neera does comment on your class in one of her dialogues, she also has atleast one other point in her romance were your class can come up if you are playing a bard(possibly more with other classes).

I cannot confirm wether or not she makes any specific comment on you being a wild mage or if she will simply refer to you as a mage though. I'm waiting for them to make the new bgee soundsets available in bg2ee before I use my wild mage

also love your account name and pick op
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Neera's supposed to have an extra banter with a wild mage PC, but it won't fire without a fix. If you want to see it, extract the contents of the attached .zip into your override folder. The banter should happen at least five days after she joins and when her quest is not in progress (either before you enter the Hidden Refuge map or after you finish her SoA quest).
    NokkenbuerMordiscusKingGhidorahFlashburn
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Will there be a patch or update to fix this, @Jalily‌? Or will overriding the files be necessary every time for anyone interesting in romancing Neera as a Wild Mage?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Nokkenbuer‌ It'll be in the next patch, of course. :)
    Nokkenbuer
    @Jalily Thats awesome... thanks!

Strange question that popped in my mind... will Wild surge: sex change screw up the romance? (Yes, that question was serious. :P)
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @KingGhidorah‌ No, it should be fine. Though she'll refer to you as a man, heh.
    KingGhidorah
    Heheh... good to know. Should be interesting if Neera has a wild surge: sex change as well. Or if polymorphed into a squirrel.

Ehh, i should probably get some morning coffee..
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Nope, but if the wild surge affected you, Neera will still refer to you by your original (male) gender.