Skip to content

Finally finished!

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
Just thought I'd share...it took me about 7 months, but I finally got all the way from Candlekeep to the end of Throne of Bhaal. My M/T (Larry) was a real trooper.
I've got a pretty good backlog of games I want to get to, but I also kind of want to jump right back into BGEE with a new character. What an amazing couple of games these are!
RavenslightMetallomanEffinyLemernisCrevsDaakArdulronaldoJonelethIrenicusDJKajuruScooterMessichickenhedStarflower2525dstoltzfusThrasymachuslolien

Comments

• SionaSiona Member Posts: 79
    That's an interesting multi I've wondered about recently. What is your thoughts/opinions on it having beaten the game?

Also, a hearty congrats!!!
    proccoRavenslightCrevsDaak
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    @Siona‌ I really enjoyed playing the Mage/thief. My only real complaint about it was that there is an abundance of M/T's in BG2, so it becomes a little redundant. I definitely recommend trying the class out.
    RavenslightHenkeBSiona
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Congrats! What class for your next character?
    HenkeB
    I was just rolling that up this morning. Going straight up vanilla druid.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I'd recommend one of the kits, particularly the Avenger.
    TheGraveDiggerCrevsDaakThrasymachus
    I might just go with the Avenger. It was a toss up between that and a druid but you've swayed me.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Congratulations on completing the series, @procco! Yes, they're amazing games, and yes, they do take a long time :-)

I prefer playing a class which isn't quite the same as an existing character, so I've never used a vanilla Thief/Mage protagonist. However, I've got a couple of kitted Thieves rolled up, who plan later to dual into Mages. (I actually got to the end of BG1ee with one of them, a Swashbuckler, but then had a hard-disk disaster before starting BG2ee and lost all the saved games ... arghhh! ... so I'll eventually be doing that one all over again when I get around to it.)

Have fun with your Avenger!
    CrevsDaakprocco
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    procco said:

I was just rolling that up this morning. Going straight up vanilla druid.

One thing you might want to try is a Half-Elf multi-class Ranger/Cleric. They get access to all of the Divine spells and aren't limited with Druid spells the way a straight Ranger is. So every time it levels up as a Cleric, it also gains access to the Druid spells for that level.

• ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Good old Larry!
    jackjack