Skip to content

Site refuses to upload new picture

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited August 2014 in Site Resources
The site is refusing to upload a new PROFILE picture I want to upload. It's below 200 mb, and regardless of whatever format I try, it says "cannot upload a file of this type."

I even tried rebooting my computer, and logging out and logging back in.

Does anyone know what's up with this?
Post edited by BelgarathMTH on

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Vanilla has been doing strange things all week... Just wait a little and try again...

Seems to be working now...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @mlnevese‌ working so well that we can say it's working twice for each post. ;D
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @CrevsDaak‌ and @Metalloman‌ , not for me. :(
    @CrevsDaak‌ and @Metalloman‌ , I may need to clarify that I am talking about my *profile* pic. Regular pics in posts are working just fine.
    edited August 2014
    @Dee, @LadyRhian‌ , do either of you know why the site might be refusing to allow me to upload a new profile pic? Again, thanks.
    @BelgarathMTH‌ I don't even have an idea, I could change mine just now without any problems, try closing the browser and opening it again, and maybe trying with a different browser too.
    @CrevsDaak‌ , I've tried everything. I've shut down the browser, restarted my computer, everything. Same error message.

Although I started getting the error message before, one potentially relevant thing is that I "deleted profile picture" after the first time I got the error message.

So, I could now be flagged somehow for not being able to replace my profile pic. Or, maybe there's some kind of 24 hour waiting period, so I will definitely try again tomorrow.

If I can't get help or resolution of the problem, then I guess I'm stuck with this lame green smiley face icon forever.

@Dee ?
    Dee said:

No idea why it's not working for you, but until you get it sorted, I'll remove my own profile picture in solidarity.

I'm joining too! ;D
    @Dee and @CrevsDaak‌ , it suddenly worked.

I had to change the photo to .png format, but I got it to upload.

Yay!

I'm not sure why .bmp and .jpeg and .png or any other weren't working before. The .jpeg format still refused to upload.

But, at last, I got my new profile to upload, however it happened. So, I'm now a happy camper.

And, thank you so much for the "solidarity" sympathy profile pic changes you guys. I'm both flattered and humbled that you cared so much. :)