Skip to content

[DUPE] - Multiclass Stalker/Cleric has x0 backstab

RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
edited August 2014 in Not An Issue
A multiclass Cleric/Ranger with the Stalker kit receives a backstab multiplier of x0 that does not progress regardless of Ranger level. A Stalker’s backstab multiplier should start at x2 and progress as Ranger level increases.

Possibly related:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23698/dual-classed-thieves-have-no-backstab-multiplier-when-language-is-not-set-to-english
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited August 2014
    You cannot have a Cleric/Ranger with Stalker kit as standard. As far as I am aware, that requires save game editing and, as such, is out of the scope of what classifies as a BG:EE bug. A non-standard class/kit combination would require the user to also mod their 2DA and IDS files so that the game recognises the class and kit, assuming that's even possible to do.

Edit: does this also affect dual-classed characters?
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    It requires no modification of the game files and worked fine before the 1.2 patch.

Yes it seems to affect dual class chars as linked.
    @RAM021, do you have any other details? I cannot replicate this issue with dual-class character (see attached image). How did you get a multi-class Stalker/Cleric?
    Just EE Keep the Cleric/Ranger to give it the Stalker kit.

As above, changing the game language seems to be part of the issue for dualies.
    @RAM021, as Dee said in the "Road to" topic, the patch aims to fix the issue. I doubt they'll fix the issue for EE Keeper'd versions, however. As I said, that is beyond the scope of what classifies as a BG:EE bug. A Stalker/Cleric multi-class is not a 'legal' class/kit combination per the engine rules. If it's not something you can create during character creation, then it's a safe bet that you may find issues that you wouldn't otherwise find with a normally created character. :-)

I'll mark this as a duplicate since it is the same issue as the Assassin backstab bug.
    Anything that once worked and then ceases to work after a patch is pretty much the definition of a bug.

Not familiar with the Assassin BS issue, so will follow up with that thanks!
    Troodon80 said:

I'll mark this as a duplicate since it is the same issue as the Assassin backstab bug.

Upon further research while this may be related, it is categorically not the same as the Assassin BS bug.