Skip to content

Can't get past character Arbitration Screen in BGEE MP

BajeDadBajeDad Member Posts: 9
edited August 2014 in Multiplayer
Hi all. Brand new BGEE player. (Have played IWD/HoW/TotLM for years.)

Been cruising the forums for a while and decided to join this one in order to get help with this problem. (I am sure the answer is already in a thread somewhere; but over an hour of searching, just on this forum, has not revealed it.)

I want to play the equivalent of a single player game, but with TWO or more custom characters (like I could in IWD). I have read enough to believe that this is possible by creating a multiplayer game, saving it, and then doing some exporting/importing of characters and moving the mp game from the mpsave folder to the save folder. My problem is that I cannot seem to get an mp game saved. I make a full party of custom and/or game-offered characters, and the only option I have to move past the character arbitration screen is "LOGOUT."

Would someone kindly point me to the thread which explains how to get a BGEE mp game saved to the "mpsave" folder (which, by the way, does not yet exist on my machine.)

Thank you!

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Make sure you click the check-boxes beside each of your characters' names. This feature is designed to allow MP players to confirm that they're ready to begin, but if you're playing by yourself you'll still need to check those boxes.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    No need to export/import characters either as the game save will contain them. Start the game as Dee suggests, then save it and close the game down.

Copy the 000000nn-name folder from the newly created mpsave folder and paste it into the save folder. Game and characters can then be continued in the single player mode.

(You could continue in multiplayer but you would notice some actions take longer than in single player, e.g. pause and unpause is less responsive)
  • BajeDadBajeDad Member Posts: 9
    Thank you both! I saw the check boxes and thought I had clicked on them but nothing happened. Will go back and retry...
  • BajeDadBajeDad Member Posts: 9
    It worked. Thank you, again, for the clear and concise directions.