edit: request 3 fulffiled in BG2:EE patch 1.3: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40332/bg-2-ee-expanded-random-tables-from-iwd-ee
I'd like to request following new features that would make modding more efficient and easier to maintain compatibility between mods.
1. Allow us to change Death Variable via script Action or spell opcode.
Example implementation: add new "8 DV" entry to scrlev.ids and allow "ChangeAIScript" action to accept it. Example usage: ChangeAIScript("IMOEN2",DV)
2. Allow us to change dialogue files normally assigned by pdialog.2da and interdia.2da
- create a new ids file with following entries:
0 DIALOG //standard dialogue file
1 INTER //inter dialogue normally assigned by interdia.2da
2 POST //post dialogue normally assigned by pdialog.2da
3 JOIN //join dialogue normally assigned by pdialog.2da
4 DREAM //dream dialogue normally assigned by pdialog.2da
- expand upon existing "SetDialog(S:DialogFile*)" Action to accept flags from the above mentioned IDS file. No flag = current behavior (0 in IDS).
Example usage: ChangeAIScript("BIMOEN2",INTER)
3. Also a request that would allow us to make mods that adds truly random generated loot without nasty long scripts. There is a reason why there is no such thing released for all these years (G3 Item Randomizer Mod doesn't count, as it is limited in scope by the current engine). What I would like to see is removing the current random treasures table limit that only accepts 9 rows instead of 99.
Here is how the current random items work:
when a creature or container has item of filename RNDTREx#.ITM, where x=any character (even letters and symbols, and has no bearing on how RNDTREAS.2DA is read), and #=the row number of RNDTREAS.2DA to use (can be 1-9), RNDTREx#.ITM is replaced by the randomly generated item.
How it should work: "x" character should not be ignored, so we could assign rows from 1 to 99 instead of 1-9 (5 of them are already reserved by the vanilla game).
Same deal with other random tables: rndequip.2da, rndmagic.2da, rndscrol.2da, rndwep.2da.
Why it is worth it? The prospect of true random generated loot, unique random loot/weapons/magic for unique monsters, less conflicts between mods etc. How about randomized damage dealt by undroppable weapons assigned to some creatures? As you can imagine removing the 9 rows limit would really open up possibility to add some great stuff to the game.
How feasable are these requests? Any chance for either of them to be implemented? @Dee
Thanks in advance.