Skip to content

Cannot enter chapter 4

ozoguozogu Member Posts: 6
edited August 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I entered killed and looted the big bandit camp. I guess I should have first spoken to the prisnoner and then loot the letter but I did it the other way and didn't get the movie. How to get around this bug? Console commands anything?

Could someone provide me with a command which would end my current quest and get me to the next one so i could keep playing the game

here's where I am now if it helps http://puu.sh/bcB4C/a112a1ce8c.jpg

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    It shouldn't make any difference which one you do first—pick up the letters in the container or speaking to the prisoner. Can you upload a saved game for examination (that is, zip the entire '00000xxxx-SaveGameName' folder)?
  • ozoguozogu Member Posts: 6
    Troodon80 said:

It shouldn't make any difference which one you do first—pick up the letters in the container or speaking to the prisoner. Can you upload a saved game for examination (that is, zip the entire '00000xxxx-SaveGameName' folder)?

Yes I can and i will thank you for assistance. Here is my save:
    save.7z 292.8K
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I checked your game - although please wait for Troodon80 to respond - and I'd like to ask you where the letters are? Where did you put them? The container is empty, and so is your inventory of the letter telling you about the Cloakwood Mines.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited August 2014
    As @Sylvus_Moonbow‌ said, the letters are missing. There is only one, and it was dropped outside the large tent. If you dropped the other while inside the tent prior to the next chapter advancing, and have rested and travelled to other locations, that letter will be cleaned up by the engine and removed from your save game. Since I can find no reference to it in your save game, I can only assume the item was removed at some point.

To advance the game normally, you can use the Console command C:CreateItem("SCRL2Z") while inside the large tent in the bandit camp.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Why aren't those letters marked as Quest items? They actually *are* quest items...