Skip to content

[fixed in BG2:EE 1.3 patch) Problem with sound after MVE files conversion.

switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
edited December 2014 in General Modding
I decided to start this topic in General Modding section due to "do not report bugs from mods or edited saves" message, but it is directly related to the engine. I have problems with sound in MVE movies converted from the vanilla BG1 version of the game released in Poland. I know that there is no chance for full polish support for new content, but I think that adding all the missing stuff that can be converted from the original games (sounds and movies) would satisfy a lot of players. I've experimented with various conversion tools and I think I've managed to replicate the movies quality that is currently present in BG2:EE (some basic denoise filters and upres to HD), done the conversion for both games, but for some reason the sound is broken when the movie is played inside the engine (creak noises). The same files play ideally in Firefox, so they are fine and it must be related to the codecs that the engine is using to play them.

Could you please share the information about the movie conversion that had been done for BG2:EE? What programs have been used, what filters, what sound settings.

Also is there any chance for providing missing translation files for polish version of BG1:EE and BG2:EE in future patches? I've already prepared all the files for both games. When I fix the sound in movies I could send you complete packages, so they could be just added into the game. No testing is required. I'm pretty sure that other users would also provide the complete packages for other languages if Beamdog is interested in such help. What is the devs stance regarding this matter?

If someone would like to take a look at the sound problem, I've uploaded the converted BG:EE polish INTRO: https://www.sendspace.com/file/88xfkz

Thanks in advance for the answer.

edit: Problem with sound after MVE files conversion is fixed in BG2:EE 1.3 patch
Post edited by swit on

Comments