Skip to content

Cannot install update 1.3 and Viconia lungauage loop

Hi,

do not know how to install update 1.3 as it does not pop up when i start the the game. Build log says i have V. 0.1.6.2 .I already tried to repair the installation and deleted the beam and status file. No luck there. Very disappointing...

Another bug i encountered is about Viconias reselect voice loop. Said to be a known bug. But i dont know where start debug mode aka where put the debug 1 option.

Any help woud be welcome!

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    try uninstalling the game completely and redownloading a fresh copy. Your version is quite old.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Are you using the Beamdog Client or the Stand Alone one? Mac or Windows?
  • mightyjulesmightyjules Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2014
    I use Windows and installed both from client and Stand alone. 3 times !

My Baldur.ini is in my documents folder and wont save my debugg settings:(

this realy sucks....
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Which game are you attempting to update? The patch we released on Friday was for BG:EE, not BGII:EE.
    BG II
    That's why you're unable to apply the update; it hasn't been released yet for BGII:EE.

As soon as we have a build ready for testing I recommend signing up for beta access. It's going to take some thorough testing to get this patch ready for release (more than 400 fixes and gameplay enhancements, on top of the engine improvements from BG:EE's 1.3 patch), so if you want to get in early then I recommend signing up for the beta when it's available.
    I cannot update to 1.2 either...)
    The build log refers to the installer's version, not the game's. If you're installing it from the launcher, the version number will be 1.2.2030, which is the current version for BGII:EE.

(The version number doesn't appear on the starting screen, but you can see it on the Options menu when you're in game)
    aah,almost impossible to see! Thanks mate!
    Yes, that will be one of the many, many things we'll be improving in the 1.3 patch.
    Dee said:

Yes, that will be one of the many, many things we'll be improving in the 1.3 patch.

What about the Veconia romance loop?

That should be fixed too.

Once we enter beta for this patch, I'll post a change log so you can review the full list. There's a lot to be excited for, not just in bug fixes.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Any chances for the BG2EE 1.3 beta to start this week @Dee? And what are the chances of getting the patch out before IWDEE?