Skip to content

Favourite IWD Item

2»

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @Mathsorcerer‌ you've clearly never keepered a ring into your boot slot then. ;)

I only played TotLM a couple times, enjoyed it but lost track of the disc I burned it onto after DLing it... dialup was a crime against humanity I tell you! Definately something to look forward to then!
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    We've all forgotten Three White Doves. It's a +3 Mace, and when Morningstars become flail based in EE, will be the only true draw keeping players to ever consider maces... but it's very good.

Against undead and outerplane creatures, it does double damage. On top of that...

Undead:
    1-4 Hit Dice: Automatically Destroyed
    5 Hit Dice: 95% chance of being Destroyed
    6 Hit Dice: 80%
    7 Hit Dice: 65%
    8-9 Hit Dice: 50%
    10 Hit Dice: 35%
    11+ Hit Dice: 20%
    Outer Planar Creatures: 5% chance of being Destroyed

It's like MoD, but 3WD doesn't give any saving throws. HoF monsters don't increase HD if I recall correctly, just HP... or rather, it doesn't increase by much by compare. Even still, a 20% chance to auto kill is great.
    jackjack
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Messenger of Sseth. I especially like using it while hasted.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    DreadKhan said:

@Mathsorcerer‌ you've clearly never keepered a ring into your boot slot then. ;)

No, you are correct--I haven't. There is no reason that shouldn't work, though.

DreadKhanjackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014

That axe is from TotLM and it is an excellent weapon.

There are *three* rings of wizardry. One doubles 1st-level, one doubles 1st and 2nd, and one doubles 5th-level spells. Sadly, you can't try to trick the DM into allowing a "toe ring of wizardry" to wear all three.

Where is the one (ring08) that just doubles 1st level spells found? The only case I can find of it in the original game (at least the original with HoW) game is in "Steve's Bargain Bin", which from the looks of it is an unused sto file.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    hrm....it has been quite a while since I played any IWD (my poor party is still down under the Luremaster's Keep and have been there for months). You are correct--ring08 is available only in an unused store. Well....it is still there and could be added to someone else's store easily enough, probably Orrick's.
    jackjack
    Bump?

Curious if playing has jogged some memories!
    jackjack
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    I liked the shields that had lores related to certain deities:

The Bitch Queen's Envoy and The Red Knight's Shield.

For some reason in The Red Knight's Shield's description it used Tempuran as a noun for those of Tempus faith.. it made me think of tempuras instead :P
    DreadKhanjackjack
    Banites make think about grain structure now, due to bainite. :)
    Kenji
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited November 2014
    Shield giving 15% physical resistances, fire res, high AC, at the expense of -2 THAC0. I mean Dwarven Defender might be the stone cold unkillable machine (by physical attacks anyway) with all those phys resist items out there.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Axe of the Minotaur Lord.

'nuff said...