Skip to content

A Betrayer?

What would you think about a NPC who joined your party, only to realize at a certain point they were spying on you? This person takes you to the enemy which is when you find out their true motivations. But they may forsake their master if during your travels you made the right "choices", in other words good alignment choices. But if you didn't make the right choices, this person would leave your party and join your enemy.

Even if they stuck with you, would you still consider keeping them in your party?

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

This person takes you to the enemy which is when you find out their true motivations.

Even if they stuck with you, would you still consider keeping them in your party?

I might be more inclined to keep the person if they were to break down and confess their initial intentions prior to meeting the enemy.

Either way, it sounds like a very interesting idea.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    What, like Dynahier and Minsc?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    You mean
    Yoshimo
    ?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Charm Dynhier and all is revealed...

And yes Yoshimo is even a better fit @booinyoureyes .

Now a Gnome. Yes a Gnome who betrays people... That would be unique and new...
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    You'll hear their explanation when this person is bantering with the enemy. If you are of evil alignment this person will not side with you. If you chose the wrong dialog choices when you where bantering with this person prior to meeting the enemy, this person will not side with you. This person is watching your actions and listening carefully to what you say so you have to be careful.

Now if you chosen the good aligned pathway, this person will try and convince the "enemy" you are good and not evil. The enemy will hear nothing of it and this person will side with you against their master.

This person takes you to the enemy which is when you find out their true motivations.

I might be more inclined to keep the person if they were to break down and confess their initial intentions prior to meeting the enemy.

Either way, it sounds like a very interesting idea.

You mean

Yoshimo
    ?
    Kinda sorta
    Come now, I really expect more involvement with this.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

That depends upon what flavor of good I am playing. If it is the "everyone deserves a second chance" kind then yes, the NPC could stay. If I am playing the "my way or the highway" flavor then no--the semi-traitorous NPC must leave because I can't trust them.

What about an evil PC who suspects the NPC might betray them, make the "good" choices which will cause the NPC to stay, but then the evil PC sells out the NPC later on, double-crossing the would-be double-crosser?