Skip to content

Who is your BG waifu/ husbando?

12346»

Comments

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    ThacoBell said:

A couple years ago (I think) I posted Aerie to this thread. As I get older, though, Jaheira appeals to me more and more. Mazzy is also high on the waifu list.

Yeah, when I was younger, it was Aerie for me too. But, as I got older and the EE, Neera took that spot. She's not mean for nothing (hum, Viconia...), she's not a cry baby (hum, Aerie...), she's not your sister (can't see Imoen any other way), I'm not into oldies (hum, Jaheira...) ; anyway, you get my point.

Neera seems the more "down to earth" kind of gall, with which you could make all kinds of crazy jokes and laugh. Plus, she's chaotic neutral, my favorite alignment, thus never boring (CN and sometimes CG are always the results I get when I take alignment test).
  • Teo_liveTeo_live Member Posts: 186
    Arctodus said:

ThacoBell said:

A couple years ago (I think) I posted Aerie to this thread. As I get older, though, Jaheira appeals to me more and more. Mazzy is also high on the waifu list.

Yeah, when I was younger, it was Aerie for me too. But, as I got older and the EE, Neera took that spot. She's not mean for nothing (hum, Viconia...), she's not a cry baby (hum, Aerie...), she's not your sister (can't see Imoen any other way), I'm not into oldies (hum, Jaheira...) ; anyway, you get my point.

Neera seems the more "down to earth"
    Interesting, I found Neera is the complete opposite to me, she is like a typical bimbo you bump into at a night club completely indecisive and air headed.

As a young person I liked Aerie too, saving the bird with the clipped wing cliche is romantic. As an older person now Jaheira suddenly became appealing. She sort of acts like an smothering overprotective mother to the npc which i find appealing.

Interesting how our choice of women evolve as we get older. Who knows maybe when we are old men we would all choose Viconia? >.>
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited January 2017
    Teo_live said:

Interesting, I found Neera is the complete opposite to me, she is like a typical bimbo you bump into at a night club completely indecisive and air headed.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean, but being indecisive and down to earth are not necessarily opposites. Yes, Neera is air headed, but, when you meet her and try to be a hero with her, she goes like : "Oh, cut the crap..."

That's what I meant by down to earth. She had to go through rough times on her own and doesn't wanna be pampered by a would-be savior (even if on some level, she doesn't dislike it). This is why she's so different from Aerie. She's self-centered and needy though, so I get what you mean.

Actually, Neera is my favorite in the official cast, but, if we include mods, Isra has to be a favorite of mine. She's a whole different take on the paladin thing.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Well...although I absolutely love Viconia's dark side , my real-life husbando is more of a jaheira type when it comes to responsibilities and consideration for others , and although I hate to admit that I'm actually a sensitive Aerie type with existencial dillemas .
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Hexxat (with a different look).
  • TarlonnielTarlonniel Member Posts: 13
    Lovely, dreary Xan. I've spent many hours going through the dialogue files of Kulyok's mods tweaking things here and there to make his story with my CHARNAME perfect.

After that it's Haer'Dalis, Valygar, Sarevok.... and somewhere far, far down the list, poor Anomen.
  • AyeotieeAyeotiee Member Posts: 34
    Jan Jansen
  • NightingaleNightingale Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2017
    Do mod NPCs count?

If so, it's a tie between two: Nathaniel Aplin-Fletcher and Faren Blacknall.

Some may find Nathaniel's anxious, mildly possessive, over-protective, romantic persona to be a bit much.
    I find it rather charming.

And Faren is just a helluva lot of fun :)

If not, Garrick is my choice. Ah... that lovable dope... If he'd only stop chasing after women who clearly want nothing to do with him, he might notice that he caught a certain Bhaalspawn's eye years ago. And with the amount of Bard PCs I play, I could even help him with his verses (After his performance in BG2, he could certainly use it).
    Post edited by Nightingale on
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    edited February 2017
    BG Top 5:
    1. Dynaheir
    2. Dorn
    3. Kivan
    4. Shar-Teel
    5. Xan (5th slot filled by Faldorn if we're not including EE companions)

Siege of Dragonspear Top 5:
    1. M’Khiin
    2. Glint
    3. Dynaheir (I'm including companions we see expanded on/saying cool things beyond the first one)
    4. Safana (she'd come right after Faldorn in the first game tbh)
    5. Schael Corwin and Dorn are kinda tied for this one, but I think I'd go Schael even if we are including EE companions (hard to compare tho, I like them for very different reasons)

BG II Top 5:
    1. Valygar
    2. Nalia
    3. Aerie
    4. Dorn
    5. Imoen (NOT WAIFU AS CHARNAME, TO BE CLEAR! 5th slot filled by Haer'Dalis if we're not including EE companions, but if we are 6th place would be Hexxat and Haer'Dalis would be 7th)

I'll note that these are my personal waifu/husbando preferences, as far as charnames go I tended to romance Aerie or Anomen back in the day but post-Beamdog I now really like the SoD romance content more than anything in BG II, and tend to like romancing Dorn or Neera or Rasaad just for that two game (now three game!) flow of courting/dating the same person all the way through (and that even tho I like Glint, Safana and Schael's romance content better than anything in any of the game so far from what I've seen of them, haven't seen anything of Voghiln's or Viconia's yet but I don't really like Voghiln as a character tbh).

tl;dr Wilson is my husbando above all husbandos where's my Wilson Romance Mod already?!
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Alora, Glint Gardnersonson, and Aerie.

All of them need protection and snuggles.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2017
    elminster said:

Ahahahah, @elminster‌: watch out for your hat! XD

Don't worry I always keep a few spares lying around just in case :p
    Fortunately I keep my pointy hats numbered for ... just such an emergency. - Foghorn Leghorn, archmage of the barnyard