Skip to content

Selling and stealing back - exploit or intended?

Jade_KittenJade_Kitten Member Posts: 5
Hi. I have a Thief with 100+ pickpocket skill (not sure if relevant here). I just sold all my gear for lots of gold and then stole it all back (with a couple of failed attempts here and there, but I just quickloaded back and tried again). So later when I'll get to a fence I will be able to sell the stolen gear again, for more money.
Is this how it should be...? I just made a lot of money from this.
Post edited by Jade_Kitten on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You might not want to sell your gear to a fence. I don't think any of them have pickpocketable stores.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    elminster said:

You might not want to sell your gear to a fence. I don't think any of them have pickpocketable stores.

I though the showdown thief in the headquarters did. Bg2.
    Not sure though.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    meagloth said:

elminster said:

I though the showdown thief in the headquarters did. Bg2.
    Not sure though.
    Yea but this is in the BGEE section
    meagloth
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Your thief reaches the point they can reliably do that right about the time money isn't really an issue for the party anymore anyway. So it's really no big deal either way.
    eckisterJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    atcDave said:

Your thief reaches the point they can reliably do that right about the time money isn't really an issue for the party anymore anyway. So it's really no big deal either way.

False.
    Potions of mastery thieving. And bards.
    eckisterKloroxJuliusBorisov
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    meagloth said:

atcDave said:

False.
    Potions of mastery thieving. And bards.
    I agree. In BG2, if you don't want cash to be an issue, 10 minutes of stealing and selling with a potion of master thievery will set you for the whole game.

It's pretty cheesy.