Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Game performance is really bad

Hello, I copy the mail which I sent to Beamdog.

I've just bought BG Enhanced Edition and was ready to play. Unfortunately the game doesnt work. First problem is that I cant see any opening movies/logos ets and see only white screen during them. Second, the music at the menu doesnt sound properly (the sound stops for half a sec every 2-3 seconds) and all menu works very slow. The third problem is, the game itself works EXTREMELY slow (I cant do a single thing, it is a slide show) and is compeletly unable to play. I have about 1 FPS during main play.

My hardware is Toshiba Sattelite A200 laptop with radeon HD2600 on it, with 2 GB RAM. I use Win7 32 bit. The processor is Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1,5 GHz.

Please tell me if there is a way to fix this. I didnt want to download a game from torrents and want to pay money for working product, but it doesn't. This is my first order on a Steam.

Comments

• TerovianTerovian Member Posts: 3
    Hey there, I was experiencing this same problem. It turned out my switchable graphics had defaulted to using my Intel integrated graphics as of the update to 1.3.2053, and when I switched it back to use my graphics card (AMD Radeon, like yours) it solved the slowdown issues. Hopefully this might help you out?

JuliusBorisov