Skip to content

waiting for the next patch

There are also many bugs regarding rasaad quest.

Moreover, I noticed a bug when in de'arnise keep you put the dog soup in the umber hulk entrance, in the basement.

In BG2 you gained experience, in bg2ee you'll not. I think this is a bug.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    The patch is not far away, they're working on it. We all are waiting for it and while waiting discuss IWD and how we will play it, this forum is a good place to stay and to chat.

BTW, I did get an XP for that quest in the De'Arnise keep in BG2:EE.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Actually now that you mention it I didn't get any xp for placing the dog stew either, although at the time I just assumed it was because I'd murdered all the umber hulks already.

Is it me or was the placement of the tunnels where you put the stew AFTER the room with the umber hulks actually in it a bit weird? Presumably you're supposed to send an invisible thief past first or just run past them, but how are you meant to know where to go if you haven't played that bit before? When a room full of scary monsters attack me I generally just try to kill them, not dance around a bunch of adjoining corridors looking for the correct stew receptacle...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, I think the idea was meant to be to use stealth/invisibility, but usually I just lob in a Cloudkill (to which Umber Hulks are generally very vulnerable) to kill the whole bunch of them in seconds.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    rorikon said:

Actually now that you mention it I didn't get any xp for placing the dog stew either, although at the time I just assumed it was because I'd murdered all the umber hulks already.

Ding, ding, ding. Luring the already-dead hulks no longer nets you XP for, err, luring the hulks.