Skip to content

Keldorn's armor dealing 5 magic damage to any enemy that hits him?

Does anyone else remember this? When I first played BG I could've SWORN that Keldorn's armor did this.

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    IIRC, that was Keldorn's Ego (+3 Ego of Self-Righteousness).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You are thinking his sword, Hallowed Redeemer +2.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Yep. His sword does that. Summoned (summons?) Cowled Wizards outdoors too, so it's really irritating.

I've cheesed fights with it. It goes through most magical defenses, so I've made fighter/mages like the Warden kill themselves while Keldorn sits behind a ProMag scroll.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    Best part, its pure Magic Damage and is not resistable. One of the many ways to cheese Demogorgon.
  • TolbenTolben Member Posts: 26
    I think that since it does pure magic damage it can be resisted, with an item like the Belt of Inertial Barrier, or any monster that just has high magic damage resistance.
    edited September 2014
    Are there even any monsters that have magic damage resistance? I don't recall any from the vanilla game though SCS or another mod might change that.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    elminster said:

Are there even any monsters that have magic damage resistance? I don't recall any from the vanilla game though SCS or another mod might change that.

Yes. Kuo-Toa have it out the wazoo, to the point where my Horrid Wilting and Skull Trap are basically useless against the bastards. One situation where Fireball is greatly preferable.
    Hmm...looks like Nabassu and a few of the random ghost/spirit npc's you encounter also have it.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Yep. His sword does that. Summoned (summons?) Cowled Wizards outdoors too, so it's really irritating.

Summoned.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Oh yeah, the Ghost in Durlag's Tower is flat-out immune, I forgot about that.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    elminster said:

That's because there's no field on the .CRE files for Magical Damage resistance. Lots of mods (and SOME vanilla creatures) get magical damage resistance from an effect applied over them with a permanent timing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.