Skip to content

[Dupe] Bugs in Journal Done Quests

alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
l have a desktop PC with Windows 8.1 64bit, Nvidea graphics 770, 16 meg of Ram, Logitech Z-10 USB Speakers, Asus X79 Motherboard, Intel Quad Core Processor 17-4820k, DX 11 and all Windows updates are applied.

When gaining a new quest in the Prologue l would check to see if it was listed in the Journal which they all were but when checking the Done quests after getting a new quest sometimes they were listed and other times it was just empty, nothing at all, other times they were there then missing the next time l checked.

All Done quests were listed after going to Chapter One, but l have only reached The Friendly Arm Inn.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    If you can reliably reproduce this @alboy‌ it would be helpful to get screenshots along these lines;
    - After being added to the journal
    - After being moved to done
    - After disappearing from done
    Thanks
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    l do not have any, how do l add screenshots?
    Within the game press the PrntScr key, adding a screenshot to the screenhot folder within your documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder. If possible, convert it to jpg format (something like Paint has a save as option that does this for you) then click on the orange "attach a file" below the leave a comment box and navigate to that file.
    Cheers
    l can't see attach a file anywhere.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Check your e-mail and follow the verification link.
    Have you sent a new email as l have not received it yet? If you are talking about the original email that was sent, it was dated 17/8/12 which l clicked on the to verify my address, that took me to the Beamdog website. There is a message in the bottom left o0f the forum saying "You need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email" which when l click it takes me to a page saying "Your request has been sent. Check your email for further instructions" but l never get a email back.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    It might be sent to your Junk folder.
    My spam folder is empty.
    Verified. Try now.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    The intermittent nature sounds a lot like the journal scrolling issue that was in previous versions. Can you confirm that you are updated to 1.3? If so, when you find an empty journal page that should have entries, can you try scrolling up to see if they are there but hidden?
    edited September 2014
    I have updated to version 1.3 and started a new game but l have had no scroll bars in the journal, l have to scroll by grabbing the journal page. It has been happening in Beregost as well. I will check next time it happens to see if l can grab and move the page when nothing is showing.
    The to do quests never disappear until l have completed them. It is only in quests done.
    Post edited by alboy on
    l have loaded the Journal and l am unable to grab and move the Done Quests page when it is empty.
    The only one that has scroll bars is the Journal, the Quests and Done Quests have no scroll bars even when opening up all quests, the only way l can scroll is to grab the page.
    l tried opening the Journal and clicking between the three options over and over again as l have not used user, this has been done without returning to the game, the Quest and Journal entries are always there but the Done Quests are there sometimes and not at others.
    Is this always in the same chapter of the journal @alboy‌ : i.e. are you looking at chapter 3 and doing Quests > Done > Journal without also changing chapters at the same time.

"Important Events" remains the same across chapters. Other entries are only listed in the chapter that they occur in. So if you are changing chapter to look at journal entries, the quests will change.

& if you have a mouse scroll wheel or equivalent, you can use that to scroll.
    edited September 2014
    Hey @alboy‌
    Have finally worked this out between this and a report on Android, mouse scroll wheel still works but the drag movement you were trying does not. Will close this one off as a duplicate.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Other thread for reference
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34630/journal-gets-stuck-at-the-top
This discussion has been closed.