Skip to content

Bug when entering Landin's name in Area Map

alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
l have a desktop PC with Windows 8.1 64bit, Nvidea graphics 770, 16 meg of Ram, Logitech Z-10 USB Speakers, Asus X79 Motherboard and Intel Quad Core Processor 17-4820k.

I am at The Friendly Arm Inn, third level, where l meet Landrin in the centre of the hallway, l entered the Area Map to type his name for further reference and gave it a red mark, not sure what the coloured things are called but there are eight to choose from, when l went back to the normal screen and then back to the Area map his name was there but there was two red marks, not the usual one, l deleted it and redid it again but there was two red marks again, l left the third level and returned again later to find when entering the Area Map that there was only one mark for Landrin as there should be.
l no this is a small bug but l thought it worth listing.
All previous reminders l typed in were fine.

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    I believe their called waypoints, or alternatively, map markers.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,874
    How many reminders had you added before that time @alboy‌ - just thinking it might be something volume related. I tried adding at the suggested area and couldn't reproduce, so would be helpful to know if this was a 1-off or something you see repeatedly as your game progresses.
    Thanks
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    I have no idea how many l have added, all l can say is everyone of interest from the start, up to level 3 of The Friendly Arm Inn.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    This one I think is an engine issue. The AddMapMarker function is unreliable - I've seen markers merge names with another marker near them and other times nothing will appear at all. I reported it already for SoD. So it should be fixed for BGEE 1.4.