Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Dagger proficiency seems to give a penalty to my thaco

TaedivienTaedivien Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
When I recently put a point into daggers to get proficiency with them for my sorcerer I noticed that this wound up having the exact opposite effect. Instead of lowering my thaco on the character screen it raised it by a whopping 5 points. Right now the mods I have to thaco are -1 for strength, -2 for having a +2 dagger and +5 for proficiency which increased my thaco up to 21. At first I was hoping this was just a bug on the character page, but when I turned on to hit rolls in the dialogue window my character was indeed getting penalized rolls of d20-2 as opposed to getting d20+5 while using throwing darts. Maybe its still just a display error, but having it crop up in 2 places seems like it isnt. Currently I have no mods or other adjustments, and the game is on a fairly fresh install.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    Do you have a save game before this Taedivien, or can you provide a bit more information please. This is what I tried and saw no issue.
    - Sorcerer, * in quarterstaff.
    - Grave Binder dagger +2.
    - Strength 17.
    THAC0 21.

* in dagger selected at level 6.
    THAC0 drops to 16.

Thanks
  • TaedivienTaedivien Member Posts: 3
    Well I figured out the issue, apparently I picked up quarterstaff proficiency even though I could've sworn I picked dagger prof >.<
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    edited September 2014
    Have an insightful :)
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.