Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Japanese language / system local -_-

ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Well here I have a problem :) My system local is in Japanese because I play those visual novel games that require it. But now with the new patch it's running BG EE in Japanese, I don't read very well Japanese, how do I do to change that without setting my system local back to English, or else I would have to do it every single time I run it. Is it possible to change the language in the the game option in a future patch?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,444
    Open your baldur.ini (it's located in "My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder" on Windows) and look for the line:
    'Language', 'Text', 'ja_JP',
    Change it to
    'Language', 'Text', 'en_US',
    and the game should use the english language. Don't change it while the game is running or it will reset your modifications.

It's also possible to select the game within the game, but you'll need to click on several buttons before you can see the language selection screen. To reach the screen anyway, click on the second or third button from the top on the intro screen, afterwards click the bottom left button and the middle button on the left side again to reach the language selection.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Ho thank you, I feel stupid for this post now, my kanjis are limited :)

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    Not a silly question at all. Enjoy the game.
This discussion has been closed.