Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Blindness is possibly bugged

LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
I used it on a ghast, and it showed a save result of "18" on my screen, but he got blinded anyways!

Concern #1: Should undead be immune to the school of illusion and enchantment? Blindness is an illusionary effect, I thought the undead kind of did not have actual sensory organs?

Concern #2: Everybody I cast it on gets blinded. It has not failed yet. The ghast showed a successful save result of 18. And he went wondering around blindly while I chucked daggers at it. Fun for me, but cheesy if it's bugged.

Concern #3: I love the new effect, but it's kind of made the Spook spell obsolete. Blindness is basically Spook with a 2 hour duration, and you get a +4 to hit on top of that. So, maybe it's too powerful? It's pretty easy to keep your distance from the Blinded, and use range attacks.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Ghasts are corporeal undead, and they do have eyes. If Blindness is creating sn illusory barrier in front of the eyes, iy should work. They shouldnt be in danger from charms or compulsions, except special undead versions.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    @Lateralus‌ I just checked on a new game and saving prevented blindness. Could you provide more details, e.g. whether this is PC version or other, what version of the game is showing on the Options (O) screen, whether your save is a continuation of an earlier game before the patch.
    Thanks
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Well that game has ended but it was on a MAC OS, and it was a new game and character, after the patch. I'll keep an eye on it and take a screen shot if it happens again. Umm what is the screen shot command?
    On PC it is print screen and a bmp format file is created in the screenshot folder which will be in the same location as the save folder, I don't have access to a Mac to check what key it is but hopefully the same/similar.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited September 2014
    And on Steam you can use F12 (If the Steam Overlay is enabled).

Edit: This probably won't be ideal for issues involving the UI because I think this button is also used for Quick Save? Which would disable the UI the instant you press it. Maybe I'm getting confused with Neverwinter Nights 2.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    screenshot for mac is ctrl+shift+3... or alt+shift+3... one of those buttons down there.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Heh, close. It's cmd+shift+3.
    @Lateralus‌ I've been thinking about this one. Was your game started before the latest patch, and if so are you able to repeat the behaviour in a new game? If you can, could you zip & attach a save please. & also, this is an unmodded game right?

(regarding spook, the saving penalty improves with levels so it is significantly more likely to work than unbugged blindness)
    I started a new game, Karlat saved vs. Blindness so I guess I was jut incredibly lucky. I did not get to test it on a ghast. I did blind him on a second try but he ended up leading me to Neera and SHE got killed because i was way too low level to help her. :) RESTART!!!!!
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Can't reproduce this on MAC OSX with version 1.3.2053. While it seems the Ghasts do get blinded often, I just had one save with a natural 20 and it's not affected.

--Illydth
    Going to mark this one up as not an issue for the time being. If anyone can reproduce this and provide a save game for inspection we can investigate further.
    Thanks
    It's good now, damn that spell is useful!
    DreadKhan said:

Ghasts are corporeal undead, and they do have eyes. If Blindness is creating sn illusory barrier in front of the eyes, iy should work. They shouldnt be in danger from charms or compulsions, except special undead versions.

So they are immune to basalisk gaze attacks but not blindness...
This discussion has been closed.