Skip to content

Silly way to cheese the durlag chess board

One time I was soloing Durlag's Tower and I had a great idea for that nasty chess board level.

First, I made sure I had 100% electricity resistance. Boots of grounding plus protection scroll did the trick. I think you can probably tell where I'm going with this. Then, I turned myself invisible. Then I get to RUN AROUND THE CHESS BOARD! YAY! And then of course all the enemies die due to constant exposure to lightning. That was fun.

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    The other, equally cheesy option is to just blast the fog of war on the other side of the screen with cloudkills and fireballs.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited September 2014
    I'm shocked the development team didn't modify the chess board to work, so as a player, you could play chess. Nothing more than a few million lines of code.

Chop-chop, what am I paying you for?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @OlvynChuru‌ - nice one.

The other, equally cheesy option is to just blast the fog of war on the other side of the screen with cloudkills and fireballs.

Yep, I do that. It doesn't strike me as particularly cheesy, though. You know there are enemies there, so of course you attack them. You're not cheating or subverting the rules in any way, you're not re-loading for a lucky roll, you're simply using ranged magic to do what it's meant to do.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2014
    I think it's cheesy because your enemies are just standing there getting gassed to death not trying to get out or find you in any way, which isn't a glitch but just an example of artificial stupidity.

Edit: Hell, one of the easiest ways to wipe out the bandit camp (which I find very hard with SCS) is to just drop a Cloudkill and watch as every bandit runs right into the murder gas which instantly kills them because none of them have higher than 6 HD.