Skip to content

6350:BGII:EE won't load past the Main Screen : No sound playback devices

BlinkkBlinkk Member Posts: 25
edited September 2014 in Troubleshooting
Hey guys, I'm on Windows 7 and my game suddenly won't load. I go to open BGII and the main menu appears, where I can select Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal, or Black Pits. After here it all goes to shit. Anything I click on takes me to a black screen of death. When I did this yesterday, the game crashed and tried to give me an error report. I went to click on the "read more" button of the report, but it brought me to a 404 not found page. I can't load anything past the main menu.

I am on a shared family computer, but to my knowledge nothing new has been installed since the last time I played. I went to test BGEE, and that worked just fine. It's only BGEEII that won't load past the main menu. After BGEEII futzed out, I saw there was an update for the game and installed the update. That didn't solve the problem.

The game worked just fine last week. Anyone know what's up?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Blinkk‌
    Mine does that if I unplug my headset - if you right-click the speaker icon near the Windows clock then playback devices are there any shown?
  • BlinkkBlinkk Member Posts: 25
    @gate70 yeah man, I actually just moved and haven't set up any speakers yet. There's no playback devices happening right now. Let me plug in headphones and see if that helps.
  • BlinkkBlinkk Member Posts: 25
    @gate70 That did it. Thanks :)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    OK, have amended the post header to help others with the same issue, as well as the support ticket this is being progressed under.

Enjoy your game.