Skip to content

BGEE on a phone

I know this game works on android phones with screens 5" or bigger, but how is the experience?

Can you really play this game on a "phablet"?

I'm considering upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and wanted to know how well I could play this game on there.

TIA.

Comments

• PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I have been toying with it on my iPhone. The screen is pretty small but I can input orders and control the menus very fluidly and without error. That said, I can't recommend the experience. It is just too small to be comfortable.
  • CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
    I actually like it a lot. But they REALLY need to fix the toolbars not popping back up if you accidentally switch them off.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Paladin said:

I have been toying with it on my iPhone. The screen is pretty small but I can input orders and control the menus very fluidly and without error. That said, I can't recommend the experience. It is just too small to be comfortable.

It runs on an iPhone?
  • CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
    Yes, with the update realeased today <3
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    edited September 2014
    Must be because the bigger screen is coming.

I'm going to see if I can play on my 3 1/2" 4S screen. LOL.

--EDIT--

OMG. They expect me to pay for this again? I paid for this game when I bought an iPad. The iPad broke.

Even if I had the 6+, I wouldn't pay for this game again. Greedy mofo's.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Klorox said:

Must be because the bigger screen is coming.

I'm going to see if I can play on my 3 1/2" 4S screen. LOL.

--EDIT--

OMG. They expect me to pay for this again? I paid for this game when I bought an iPad. The iPad broke.

Make sure you're logged into the same iTunes account you used when you bought it for your iPad. You shouldn't need to buy it again.
    I am definitely logged into the same account.

I had to re-buy Final Fantasy Tactics, once for the ipad, once for the phone.

I will never do that again.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2014
    @Klorox‌ if you already bought it the AppStore will identify that and say you don't need to pay again once you click buy. That's just how it works.

Anyway if you fear you'll be charged again just go to your bought app list and download it from there. No need to swear at people who have no control over Apple's AppStore way of doing things...
    My "bought app list" (unless I'm looking in the wrong spot), doesn't show any of the iPad exclusive apps I've purchased.
    In the App Store app:

Select "Updates"
    Select "Purchased"
    Select "Not on this iPhone"

The app should be in that list, assuming like I said before that you're logged into the same iTunes account.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Klorox said:

Klorox said:

Crapple: Litigate differently
    Dee said:

In the App Store app:

Select "Updates"
    Select "Purchased"
    Select "Not on this iPhone"

The app should be in that list, assuming like I said before that you're logged into the same iTunes account.

I looked again, and I still don't see it. I only see one version of Final Fantasy Tactics also, and I know I bought two versions.
    RAM021 said:

Crapple: Litigate differently

The BG series is still my favorite, with the two IWD games close behind. But if you're calling FFT crap, you're nuts. That is a fantastic game as well.
    Try logging out of your iTunes account and then logging back in. If you still don't see them, you might need to contact Apple to check the status of your account.
    I'll give it a go.
  • frojasfrojas Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2014
    Klorox said:

I am definitely logged into the same account.

The reason why you had to by Final Fantasy Tactics twice is because Square Enix released it as two separate apps:

This is the phone version:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/final-fantasy-tactics-war/id446760220?mt=8

And this is the iPad version:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/final-fantasy-tactics-war/id500098096?mt=8

Note that the iPad version has a different name "Final Fantasy Tactics for iPad".

BGEE is a now a universal app. It does not require that repurchase it. I was able to download it my phone without having to pay again. If you sync your phone with a computer you could download BGEE to your computer and then install it through iTunes.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited September 2014
    I'm having this problem to. I updated it in iTunes and it's not showing as an iPhone app that I can put onto the phone from the computer.
    Edit: nevermind. Signing in and signing back out again worked.
    Awesome guys! Signing out and back in did the trick!!

Maybe when I can upgrade in another 2 years I'll get that big one so it'll be possible to play well. :p

I'm screwing around with it on a 4S. Soooo tiny!
    Anybody know how to restore purchases? I know I bought Neera and Dorn on my iPad, but I'm being asked to buy them again.

Not a big deal: this is way too small to work for me right now. But it's fun anyway!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Klorox‌ Same as before. When you hit buy the AppStore will recognize you already own them and download the content.