Skip to content

Dak'kon Zerth Blade

Does the Enhanced Edition of this weapon have the fixpack stuff where the blade levels up and changes stats depending on the blade's morale? I'm just curious.

Comments

• PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    You're thinking of Planescape Torment, the BG2 version is a completely different item
  • chaos021chaos021 Member Posts: 2
    No. I'm pretty sure it was in one of the Fixpacks for BG2 prior to the EE edition because I've never actually played Planescape: Torment, but that answers my question.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited September 2014
    There is such fixpack, because someone here in the modding section made it. Look for it there. I think they only made it to beta though.

From what I remember it changed to some other form in Underdark.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Queegon said:

There is such fixpack, because someone here in the modding section made it. Look for it there. I think they only made it to beta though.

From what I remember it changed to some other form in Underdark.

It was a mod--not a fix pack.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    The Zerth blade is very handy for lower level multiclass mages (esp fmt!) and blades. Its a decent melee weapon in early-mid BG2, especially off-hand with CF as primary. 7.5 average damage and +1 ac is solid for aehile gor 1 handed.

However, ToB has 1 so-so Katana... CF is generally better than upgraded Hindo, which is rough. If CF could be upgraded to +5 or +6, its abilities are more or less good enough. Call it 'Divine Wrath' maybe, give it a cool story, and let it give pithy wisdom. Ooh, idea for the upgrade!

Celestial Fury + Lilarcor + Potion of Insight + Potion of Genius + 20000 gp = Divine Wrath

Divine Wrath would still talk like Lilarcor in combat and via the talk window, but would give useful advice, quote Musashi and enemies save at -5 vs the stun. +5 or +6, and cannot be wielded by chaotic or evil characters.

Zerth blade ideas I looked at seemed way too strong for ToB, but an upgrade in the Underdark or a bit later that makes it a speed weapon would be very cool. Maybe force the PC to sacrifice 1 dex for it.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,078
    Here's my idea for a version of Dak'kon's Zerth Blade.

Since Dak'kon uses his will to keep the blade in the shape he wants, maybe in Bg the weapon's base damage should scale entirely off of its wielder's Wisdom stat. For example:

Damage: 1 for every point of Wisdom above 5 (this is INSTEAD of the normal 1d10+2 and stacks with strength bonus)
    THAC0: +1 for every two points of Wisdom above 5

That's not considering the AC bonuses or bonus spells. It might be a bit too good, but it's just an idea. I like this idea because it can give non-priest classes a reason to have high Wisdom.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited September 2014
    Wouldn't force of will fall more under Charisma than Wisdom, or am I thinking too much into this? I'm not as familiar with PS:T than with the Forgotten Realms games.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Indeed. At least in 3rd Edition, force of will directed outwards/in offense is most often represented by Charisma. Gith abilities stem more from an extreme form of Zen/meditative mastery, though - at least as I have understood them - so Wisdom would probably fit better.